Re: Wifi connection issues after update
Davidmig

FALSE ALARM....now I can't even connect to wifi

0 Likes
westside100
Enthusiast - Level 2

I managed to "fix" my problem.

I did yet another hard reset. This time however when I got to the Backup Plus retore options in the setup Wizard I chose not to have my settings and apps restored from backup.

This did the trick! Something in my prevous settings backup was interfering with the wifi operation.

Now when I connect to an access point at starbucks. It connects, stays connected and then lets me click on the "sign in required" notification. The browser pops right up to the wifi access point's login screen this has never happened before. So clearly Backup Plus was the "cause" of this particular problem.

Of course I had to set all kinds of settings again and download my apps from the Play Store manually.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

westside100, it's relaxing to connect to WiFi while sipping on a mocha latte. We want to make that happen for you. However, the error message that you're recieving sounds like there is a password required in order to connect to Starbucks' network. Which device do you have? Have you tried powering your device off and attempting to connect again while there?

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Davidmig,

We would love to help out today with your WIFI connection. We always want to make sure connections are stable and available. I see that you've advised that your able to connect to WIFI at your work location but not your home. If this is the case, this would rule out a device issue. If the device had an issue with WIFI you unfortunately would be unable to connect to any WIFI connections. If you can only not connect to your home WIFI I recommend speaking with your WIFI provider. They'll have the opportunity to review requirements and confirm if your device is eligible for connection with their products. Please keep us posted if you have any additional concerns, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
Davidmig

It is not a WIFI provider issue.

The phone will not connect to any wifi automatically like it used to.

The only way I can connect is to turn airplane mode on and then off again, then it will connect.

Thanks

David

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Davidmig,
Thank you for the information you provided.  What device do you currently have?  Have you tried deleting the WIFI connections and readding them back on? Keep us posted.

Thank you,
RobinD_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
302Stang
Enthusiast - Level 2

RobinD_VZW,

No disrespect here, but you all are being seriously disingenuous at this point.

You (all) KNOW by now that after many people upgraded their S4s (and some S3s) that many have lost some or all of their WIFI and or Bluetooth capabilities. There are also other problems post-update but lets just stick to these for the time being.

You (all) surely also know by now that there are NO client-side fixes available for this problem. I have been dealing with this myself for about the last 5 days since I updated my S4 and have EXHAUSTIVELY searched for a solution only to find none. This is occurring in the US, and across the whole planet with phones registered to a huge spectrum of carriers. The one thing all these phones have in common is the 4.3 update.

You are wasting your time and ours with settings changes, factory resets, and various other "fixes" for this problem. NONE will work. Please take five minutes and Google, you will find people have tried EVERYTHING, NOTHING has worked to correct this issue outside of one person I found who performed a factory reset *without* restoring data at the end. He reported this fixed his wifi problems. I will try this solution to see if it does in fact work. Other than that, there are no reports of success with fixes ANYWHERE.

We (your customers) would like to quit getting the "run-around" and instead have you acknowledge there is a problem with the 4.3 update and give us a timeline for a fix. We would also like to have our monthly data plans adjusted accordingly as we are all going to be using non-wifi for ALL of our data access due to this problem.

Please cease useless recommendations for "fixes" and just be straight with us. We would appreciate it.

pkj68

I too just a few days ago accepted the new software update and am now having unstable wifi connections with constant disconnect/reconnecting.  Here are the particulars:

Model Samsung Galaxy S4 (SCH-I545)               Router - Linksys E3000 with Firmware 1.0.04 (latest firmware)

Android Version 4.3                                             ALL other WIFI Enabled devices in the house work GREAT and are

Baseband Version: I545VRUEMK2                         UNAFFECTED...!!

Kernel Version 3.40

Build #: JSS15J.I545VRUMK2

Hardware Version: I545.06

Phone WIFI setings:

Notify Me when WIFI available (checked)

Autoconnect (checked)

Wifi notifications (checked)

Passpoint (OFF)

Keep wifi on during sleep (Always)

Always allow scanning (OFF)

Auto network switch (OFF)

Prior to the 4.3 update, I never had any issues connecting to my WIFI.

What is VERIZON going to do about this?

My observations just monitoring the phone is that every 5-6 seconds the WIFI starts scanning for signals and then disconnects/reconnects to my home wifi again (including giving me the notification popup each time it reconnects)

HELP!!!

0 Likes
Davidmig

I can tell you they will do absolutely nothing.

I have been dealing with these problems for 2 months now.

I can connect to wifi but only manually.

I am told the only option is to wait for another update.

David

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Samsung needs to create a fix (or a set of fixes) and get it (them) to Verizon for approval and distribution.

0 Likes