Re: Wifi connection issues after update
jroptop

Well,Im glad that Im not the only one with the Wi-Fi issues,car charger issues,screen going blank during calls while scrolling the phone etc etc etc.At first I thought it was my router acting up so I went out and purchased a Linksys EA6900 at $200 and no fix for the S4.I just got off the phone with Verizion Wireless after 55 minutes and told them I spent $399 on an S4 then experiencing these issues after the update,they sent me a refurb phone thinking it would fix the issue which it didn't.She then called Samsung directly and after 15 minutes of waiting,she was told by a Samsung tech that they are aware of the issue and that a tentative date of mid December if for a new release update to fix the known issues.HOPEFULLY they come through with this!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

The issues discussed in this topic have resulted in AT&T and Samsung retracting the 4.3 update. A scan of Google reveals wide spread problems across many carriers including Sprint and AT&T. Supposedly Samsung is going to release an update mid December. From the wishful thinking department...wouldn't it be nice if the update was to upgrade to Kit Kat (4.4)!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for keeping us updated jroptop! I'm glad to hear that you were able to reach out to the manufacturer of your device for assistance with your device issues. Please keep us posted if we can provide any additional assistance, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
chachie

I'm having wifi issues as well.  I've tried uninstalling apps and updating my router, nothing has worked.  I get an error message on my phone that my wifi is unstable, which I know isn't the case.   Sometimes it will just keep switching the wifi on and off and I can't do anything at all.  I'm am very unhappy right now.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi chachie,

Let's get your wifi up and running.  Our engineers have been constantly working on this. Here is the resolution they are providing.

1)Power Cycle the Device and power cycle the  Router/AP and re-test.
2) Uninstall any non-preloaded security, antivirus, power saver, and data saver applications then power cycle the device and test again.
3)Boot the device into Safe Mode and test again.
4)Perform a Factory Data Reset on the device and test again.
5) Contact the Router/AP manufacturer to get assistance in both performing a factory reset on the device and also updating the firmware to the latest available version.  After both have been done, please re-test Wi-Fi functionality with default settings.

Keep us posted on the outcome.

Thanks, BobbyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Davidmig

This has been going on over a month.

A lot of people have tried your suggestions and they do not work.

We shouldn't have to factory reset a phone to deal with an update issue

When is Verizon/ Samsung going to come up with an update to fix these issues?

Thanks

David

0 Likes
Davidmig

Just installed a new update today.

I am at work and seems to connect to wifi....YAY

I will find out tonight when I get home if it is really fixed.

0 Likes
westside100
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is anyone else having issues with connecting to open access points like starbucks?

I need to figure out if it's just me.

Anyhow I got the latest build today and went straight to starbucks. No change. It connects to the router then immediately disconnects saying "Network was diconnected sign in requires" [sic]

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

westside100 wrote:

Is anyone else having issues with connecting to open access points like starbucks?

I need to figure out if it's just me.

Anyhow I got the latest build today and went straight to starbucks. No change. It connects to the router then immediately disconnects saying "Network was diconnected sign in requires" [sic]

Are you opening up a browser window and actually signing into the Starbucks wifi? You kind of need to do that to stay connected there.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

westside100
Enthusiast - Level 2

The disconnect happens within 1-2 seconds of connecting no time to get to the browser.

I have now gone to both Starbucks and KingSoopers (local grocery) that I used to be able to connect to no problem.

If I could figure out how to get the browser open and sign in within 2 seconds I'd have tried that already.

0 Likes