Re: Wifi connection issues after update
Vincent_328
Enthusiast - Level 3

EvanO_VZW,

If you are talking about a replacement GS4, IT WILL NOT FIX THE PROBLEM. Many of us have gotten replacement GS4s already and see the same issue.

If you are talking about replacement for a different model, can I please be added to the list?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kilroy37,

I follow you completely. To be honest, based on individual availability, a new representative may be assigned to your new post. But we all appreciate the troubleshooting you've taken on. We've begun following you, please accept the follow request, follow back, and direct message your name, mobile number, and billing password (or last four of your social if a password isn't present) so we can research replacement options.

EvanO_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ibhummon
Enthusiast - Level 1

Would you mind terribly adding me to the list.  I've had the wifi issues  which are causing my data usage numbers to increase dramatically as it  falls off and doesn't connect at random times.  I've also had many  instances of it locking up and having to pull the battery.  It's  happening often enough that now my skin on my otterbox case is stretched  out and doesn't fit tightly, I have to pull the battery at least once a  day.  Multiple apps are crashing all the time, I've done everything I  can think of, including multiple resets of the phone.  I'm at a loss to  the point that I bought an iphone online to get me by until this is  resolved.  I work in emergency services and not being able to be reached  at times can cause serious issues.  I have gotten no support thusfar  online, and the phone support has been less than stellar.  I have two  galaxy s4's on my account, mine is much worse than the other, but the  second is having the infamous charging issue as well.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Vicent_328,

Never fear help is here! I know that having the phone auto connect to your WiFi can be a lot more convenient and I'm here to help.

Is this happening on your S4? Have you always had this happen? Does this happen with every WiFi connection or does it only happen with a specific WiFi connection?

JohnB_VZW

0 Likes
Davidmig

Have said this a few times before

This only started happening after the last 4.3 update...has been fine for the previous 6 months.

Happens on every wifi connection... have to toggle airplane mode on and off.

0 Likes
Vincent_328
Enthusiast - Level 3

@JohnB_VZW,

I'll echo Davidmig, but thanks for responding. I've written this before on this thread, but here goes again: This is indeed a Samsung Galaxy S4. I've gotten replacement phones with the same problem. This happens on different routers, at work or at home. The problem is not limited to my phone, many other people are reporting the same problem. Obviously something that got broken on the Android 4.3 update.

0 Likes
Davidmig

It has been almost 4 weeks and no resolution to this problem.

How can we get Verizon to get this fixed? or at least give us unlimited data until they can get it fixed.

0 Likes
ibhummon
Enthusiast - Level 1

I hear you David...this is insane.  My data usage has more than doubled because of this...and because of the other issues my phone is nearly useless.  I went out and bought an iphone because I have to have a phone for work.  VZW support on here and on the phone has been absolutely no help.  I'm furious...fix it, or give me back my unlimited data because I can't use my wifi.

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm starting to wonder if there will ever be a resolution to this issue.

While my particular phone does not have the post update Wi-Fi connection issue...at least with my Verizon FiOS at home and Verizon DSL at my church...I've read where Samsung...due to lackluster sales of the S4 (not just Verizon but in general)...is EoL'ing the model sooner than later and accelerating the release of its replacement.

Who knows how much of a push Samsung is going to make towards a resolution knowing that the phone will be discontinued soon. Based on a comment posted in another topic here in the S4 forum...it looks like this is a wide spread problem for Samsung and the company may have decided to hold back on rolling out the 4.3 upgrade to other providers because of the bugs.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Davidmig,

I'm sorry that your still having issues connecting to WiFi after the software update. Let's get your back up and running.

The steps I am about to provide have resolve this issue with other S4 users having the same issue.

Please try:

1)     Power Cycle the Device and power cycle the  Router/AP and re-test.

2)     Uninstall any non-preloaded security, antivirus, power saver, and data saver applications then power cycle the device and test again.

3)     Boot the device into Safe Mode,http://vz.to/1dyR8dX and test again.

4)     Perform a Factory Data Reset,http://vz.to/176v3fz on the device and test again.

5)     Please also contact their Router/AP manufacturer to get assistance in performing a Factory Reset on the device and then re-test functionality with default settings.

Please keep us updated with results.

NicholasB_VZW

0 Likes