Re: Wifi connection issues after update
CharChar09
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have contacted customer service and STILL not gotten a response. Ever since I did the update I have spotty connection at home now on wi-fi. It constantly is "searching" and I even walked thru it with one Rep who had me forget the wifi information and then reenter it. Its horrible. It is draining my battery by searching and my data usage. It is very frustrating. There has to be a solution, my phone is only 3 months old and I have never had this issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you're still having issues kilroy37. I know its frustrating and I apologize for the follow up that wasn't performed. You can send your information to me instead and I can review your account and any trouble tickets submitted. I look forward to hearing from you.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
kilroy37
Enthusiast - Level 2

KinquanaH_VZW, what information do you need? Because you are now customer service rep #4 that has answered me, and I'm getting a little irritated here. Just so you know, the reps that have responded to me and not answered my replies are , , and .

What you can review is all of the posts i made on this forum. Plus I called customer service and spoke to someone there who was surprisingly very helpful, unfortunately he didn't solve my problem. My issue is that I cannot connect to wifi without turning the wifi on my phone off and then back on. It is preventing me from automatically connecting to wifi networks and is causing me to use data which can cost me money. It happened since the last software update. Yes I tried a hard reset, no it didn't fix it. Yes I tried it in safe mode, no it didn't work.

0 Likes
Davidmig

Same as kilroy37.

I can't even just toggle the wifi.

I have to put it in airplane mode and then turn it off to connect to any wifi.

This needs to get fixed ASAP

0 Likes
jesilyn
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same as Kilroy and Davidmig.  At first I could toggle WiFi button but now even that doesn't work anymore.  That stopped working and now I have to reboot the phone or toggle airplane mode off and on again.  I think it stays connected fairly well then but I have to remember to do that every time I go to work or come home.  It should be able to do this automatically!

Customer service was not very helpful, they just wanted me to do a hard reset, which is a pain in the ass and didn't work for all of the others here so I didn't do it.  I did try safe mode..... it did not work in safe mode.

So I'm still just sitting here with the rest waiting for a software update to fix what the last software update messed up.  A couple of days ago I couldn't even check for an update.... it told me that the update was down.

J

0 Likes
njuneer
Enthusiast - Level 2

To everybody here having this issue. Verizon Level 2 support is aware of the problem. They do not have a fix. I get the feeling they need Samsung to fix it and there seems to be some kind of issue between the two companies.That said, there is not a single thing any of the Verizon Level 1 support people on this forum can do to help you.

If you actually call the tech support line, and get them to escalate you to level 2, they will send you a replacement phone with ver4.2.2 that does not have the problems generated from the 4.3 update. Make sure you get to level 2. The level 1 support, even on the phone line, has not been informed this is an update problem.

I find the lack of support and ownership of this problem from Verizon deplorable. Trying to get your problem solved on this forum, however, is an infinite loop of lunacy and you had might as well just pick up the phone and get a replacement with an older update. This forum is nothing more than flypaper to catch the lowest possible denominator of users that are not at all tech savvy and have the most basic of issues. If you have an actual problem, like the 4.3 update, there is no support on this forum that is empowered to help you.

I would like to thank Verizon, however, for reminding me of why I dumped them the first time around, and for making it painfully clear why I will be dumping them again in the not so distant future. It is so very sad since all they had to do was communicate clearly, take ownership, and address issues they caused. The lack of clear communication from a communications company is unacceptable. And to be clear, having 5 different reps respond with "Have you reset your fun and tried safe mode" after a customer has indicated this did nothing to fix the problem does not count as communication.

0 Likes
jesilyn
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm actually still within the window where Costco will let me exchange it for a new one that hasn't been updated yet because it's still sitting in the box.  Then I will NOT update it.  It worked fine for the first three days I had it before I updated.

0 Likes
Vincent_328
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same as jesilyn, kilroy37, and Davidmig. Need to toggle WiFi OFF and back ON every single time I walk in range of either my home or work WiFi networks to get the phone to connect. Gotten replacement phones, same problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

hardwood,

All hope is never lost when you've got VZW on your side. Now, I truly appreciate all the troubleshooting you've done. But we may need to explore a replacement at this point. Please accept my follow request, follow back, and then direct message me your name, mobile number, and billing password (or last four of your social if a password isn't present).

EvanO_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you have contacted us and haven't received an answer to your issue CharChar09. I know this entire situation is frustrating but we will do all we can to fix it, investigate it, or provide options. Did the representative file a trouble-ticket or provide you with a replacement option?

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes