Re: Wifi connection issues after update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the details, Davidmig! I know this has been inconvenient for you, and I'm sorry for that. Our Product Team has been about this matter for review. Their task is to report any concerns like this to the manufacturer. Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated!

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
kilroy37
Enthusiast - Level 2

How come this forum is being treated like only one person has this problem? There are several of us that are still being forced to use data that we do not mean to be using. This needs to be fixed. It all started after the update and regardless of what apps may or may not be on the phone. Considering many of us have done hard resets and several others have gotten replacement phones. How is this not fixed yet?

0 Likes
jesilyn
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree.  Mine is actually getting worse.  Before I could just toggle the wifi on and off to get it to connect... now it requires a reboot of the phone to get it to connect to my router.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can see why you are concerned, PAsister!
Are you still having problems connecting to WiFi? Did you recently get an update to your XOOM? Has the WIFi connection been removed and re-added?

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
njuneer
Enthusiast - Level 2

That would almost work except that Verizon includes modifications to the software also. They have shared culpability here.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Which I stated in my earlier post. the problem being cellular carriers believe since you the customer pay for access to their networks that they as providers can add whatever bloatware they want on your property. The analogy is more like a person comes on your property and decides to plant a tree, the reason being it improves your landscape but that person seems to forget its your property and not theirs. Crazy analogy but Verizon and others think they are offering you value even though its your property. Crazy I know. This is why laws must be passed so this type of crap does not occur.

If you as a customer are paying for access to the cellular and data network, then that is where it should end. Period!

Good Luck

0 Likes
LadyRelm2
Enthusiast - Level 2

A better analogy would be:

Verizon owns the toll road you drive on so they think they can change out the radio in your car with their own preset stations that you can't change. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We take it one customer at a time kilroy! Are you concerns limited to your wifi connection? Have you tested the device with more than one wifi source? Where are you located? Did you retain your apps when the update was completed? If so, have you tried testing the wifi connection while in safe mode? http://tiny.cc/m60h6w

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
kilroy37
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've tested the device with more than one, in fact it happens with EVERY wifi connection i try to connect to. I don't see why it matters where I am located because no matter where I go, i need to turn my wifi connection off and back on before i can connect. i have tried it while retaining the apps but then i also did a hard reset. it still doesn't work. I have tried in safe mode as well, i still need to turn my wifi off and back on to connect.

and on another note, i understand that you take it one customer at a time, but how about following up with customers after you talk to them. you are the 3rd customer support rep to respond to me. I get one message, and then nothing. in fact i got a follow request from one of you and it asked for me to send a direct message with my info and i did... that was over a week ago. I haven't heard anything.

0 Likes
harwood

I'll just echo that this is not just a Samsung issue.  My Droid Razr Maxx HD worked great until software pushed two days ago.  Now does not connect to WiFi at home.  Authentication error.  It may be that my router is no longer be supported, but no one:  Motorola, Verizon or internet provider can verify this for me.  And yes, I've been through  factory resets, reboots of router, router firmware check, etc.  Extremely frustrating.  All other devices ipads, iphones, laptops etc. still work fine.  Because of where I live phone operates on 1X most places in my house so WiFi is extremely important if I want to use the phone as a smartphone.  Sadly, as far as I can tell from my time on the phone yesterday and today there is no fix coming from Verizon or Motorola or internet provider because none recognize it as a wide-spread issue or their responsibility to fix.

0 Likes