Re: Wifi connection issues after update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for trying the factory reset and I'm disappointed to see that it did not work. This issue has been reported to our product team for further investigation. Can you please respond to my follow request and send me a private message with your IMEI so that I can add to the product issue?

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
kilroy37
Enthusiast - Level 2

You're smart not to do a hard reset. It does absolutely nothing.

kilroy37
Enthusiast - Level 2

That's cool that you message one person and asked for their IMEI but how about the rest of the people on this forum that are having the same problem?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Davidmig, thanks for trying and allowing us to assist you with this equipment issue. Is there any physical or liquid damage on your device? How long have you had it?

Lasina_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Davidmig

No damage whatsoever.

I have had it since June.

It has worked just fine until the last update.

0 Likes
sha0381

Me and fiancee are both experiencing connection to our home wireless connection.  Our router and connection is good according to the comcast technician that checked our internet connection/router on Saturday.  We both got another phone last week due to overheating and charging issues with the original S4s we purchased back in June. Our origingal S4s worked fine with our wireless connections and now all of a sudden with our replacement S4s and these new updates, both the wireless connection icon and 4G icon shows on our screens when connected to wireless.

I called Verizon last week and was advised to take off the Data Usage on our phones....but that creates another issue b/c we are not able to recieve pic messages unless our Data is turned on.  Also now, I have realized that our Data is being used when sending mms messages when that did not happen before the updates (4.2 and 4.3).

The issue of me using my Data prior and not really knowing caused me to increase my data package b/c in the first week of my billing cycle I used almost 3gb and my fiancee using almost 2gb which is crazy.  Therefore we had to upgrade from 6gb data to 8gb data.  This should not be a cost to your customers since this has been a known issue verified by Samsung!

Your customers should not have to pay more our of their pockets for more data usage on a known issue nor should we have to keep our eyes on our screens to make sure our phones only show the wireless connection or turn our data off when our phones were completely fine connecting to wireless connections before these last 2 updates.

I was informed by a Verizon store employee to request 2 more replacements, but why should we as the customer when the updates that were sent should have made our phones better vs making us bitter...

I would also like if you requested both me and my fiancee's IMEIs, as well. Thank you.

It's not good that we, as your customers have to try to troubleshoot, toggle between wifi on and off/airplane mode, turn off our data usage, increase our data plan (pay more $), etc.

Thank you.

0 Likes
gmcarlson
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mine is now working.  This morning, I updated a few apps, Facebook and Chase, Ebay, and Amazon mobile apps. I am not sure if one of these app updates did the trick or not, but it is the only thing that I can think of that I did in the last 24 hours.  If you have one of these apps, i would recommend trying it.

0 Likes
LadyRelm2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't use Facebook, Chase, Ebay or Amazon unfortunately...  I do use LinkedIn and Gmail quite frequently.  However, I've still got the same issue.  My wifi icon says I'm connected but my apps (LinkedIn and Gmail primarily) are not updating AT ALL unless I leave my location and the phone auto-switches to 4G. 

I bought my phone in June.  I keep it in an Otterbox Defender case.  It has no damage to it, water or otherwise.  

0 Likes
Vincent_328
Enthusiast - Level 3

Lasina_VZW,

Please read through this thread. It's obvious the problem does not stem from damage to the devices as different people have gotten replacement devices that show the exact same issue right out of the box.

I'm still also experiencing this issue. I've wiped cache; haven't done factory reset as others have indicated it doesn't help. Anytime I walk back into range of one of my WiFi networks I need to toggle WiFi OFF and back ON for it to connect.

0 Likes
Davidmig

I can't even just toggle the wifi anymore.

I have to turn on airplane mode then off again every time I want to connect to wifi.

0 Likes