Wifi calling on galaxy s7 no longer working
mjminn83
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi,

I have a Galaxy S7 and my wifi calling no longer works. I've been using it the past year perfectly and no it has stopped working. I have double checked and the wifi calling option is 'ON'. I have reset the phone and did a reset network settings also. Both have not worked. I'm not sure if this is something related to my phone or on the back end of verizon, with an issue on a recent update.

Please help!

Thanks,

M

0 Likes
Re: Wifi calling on galaxy s7 no longer working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh, my mjminn83. I know firsthand the benefit of using Wi-Fi calling and how convenient it is. I will be more than happy to assist you with getting it up and running again. What happens when you try to make a call with the feature turned on? Also, when was the last time you were able to make a Wi-Fi call?

Greg_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

re-boot the phone & re-try!!

mjminn83
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi,

So I have tried restarting, making sure wifi calling is enabled and everytime I try to make a call it says, must turn off airplane mode to make calls over wifi. This used to not be the case before recent updates.I need to leave the phone in airplane mode at work because I work in a place with no reception nor GPS signal. I can still get text messages through the verizon message+ app. However, if i use the android messages app, I will not get text messages. Please help or fix this issue for future updates.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you, mjminn83. I can understand needing this service to function while at work. What happens if you do not have your phone in airplane mode at work? Were there any changes to the phone when this started such as new apps or updates?

Danielle_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes