Wifi Issue need help
mariuszpl99

I upgraded to the 4.3 version and I deeply regret it. My problem is that wifi keeps disconnecting. Situation: I'm at home I'm connected to wifi, I leave phone connected go downstairs come back after a while unlock phone wifi is disconnected. I dont know what to do, i checked the settings I checked "wifi on option" nothing works. I got to the point where I got app that is supposed to keep the wifi on all the time but it doesnt work. Can anyone help? Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Wifi Issue need help
Not applicable

The problem may be related to Wi-Fi switching.

Please follow the steps below to stop Wi-Fi switching

1. Navigate to Settings > Wi-Fi> Long press the existing connection you are having problems with
  2. Tap Forget network
  3. Tap the Menu Key > Tap Advanced
  4. Turn Auto network switch Off by removing the checkmark. Make sure that Passpoint is set to Off (this will make sure you don’t automatically connect to Wi-Fi access points that require additional authentication through a web Browser).

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey mariuszpl99,

Software updates are meant to keep our phones up to date and running smoothly. I'm sorry yours seems to be giving your WiFi connection some trouble. Let's get that fixed.

I have seen this issue before. In almost every instance this issue was resolved by doing the following and then testing functionality after each step. You can stop if you get to a point where the Wi-Fi connection is functioning normally.

1) Power Cycle the Device and power cycle your Router/AP and re-test.
2) Uninstall any non-preloaded security, antivirus, power saver, and data saver applications then power cycle the device and test again.
3) Boot the device into Safe Mode and test again.
4) Perform a Factory Data Reset on the device and test again.
5) I would recommend contacting your Router/AP manufacturer to get assistance in both performing a factory reset on the device and also updating the firmware to the latest available version. After both have been done, please re-test Wi-Fi functionality with default settings.

Please keep us updated.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
kellyj71697
Enthusiast - Level 3

So everywhere we go with Wi Fi we should do this? Can you tell me how that is possible?

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

change the channel to 11 on the router.

0 Likes
kellyj71697
Enthusiast - Level 3

So you want me to ask every store owner and every person's house I go to change the channel on their router? That is a stupid thing.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The channel change is only on your router not anyone else's nor is it changed on the phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
mostmuscular
Enthusiast - Level 2

did you ever think the problem is on Verizon's end?  I have the same issue with the current "upgrade".  I cannot connect to our work WiFi now.  Some upgrade....

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

thanks

0 Likes
Not applicable

The problem may be related to Wi-Fi switching.

Please follow the steps below to stop Wi-Fi switching

1. Navigate to Settings > Wi-Fi> Long press the existing connection you are having problems with
  2. Tap Forget network
  3. Tap the Menu Key > Tap Advanced
  4. Turn Auto network switch Off by removing the checkmark. Make sure that Passpoint is set to Off (this will make sure you don’t automatically connect to Wi-Fi access points that require additional authentication through a web Browser).
0 Likes