Re: Wifi Connection issue
chachie

I'm having the same issue.  I've finally determined it was the software update for my s4.  I've updated my router, uninstalled apps on my phone, turned off verizon virus security and nothing works.  My phone will just keep turning the wifi on and off saying that the internet is unstable (It connects to my network just fine).  I've just about had it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry to hear that chachie. Have you tested the device with multiple wifi connections? I appreciate that you have removed some apps. How about testing it in safe mode, free of all third party apps? In many cases the existing apps may be conflicting with a new OS. http://tiny.cc/9fqm7w

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
rdyxrolx
Enthusiast - Level 3

My router is not a D-Link, and I can barely connect at my home. Data and voice signal here are also nearly non-existent (which I suppose is why we call it a "mobile" phone). Meanwhile, I experience this issue with my S4 at several other locations, making the WiFi capability essentially useless on my device. It's quite frustrating, and I'm considering asking for a different Android phone, although I like the Galaxy family, but this issue is a dealbreaker.

This is a well-documented Samsung issue, and it's not the router, and it's not the network; it's the phone. Updating firmware or constantly resetting my router is an unacceptable solution. I've been with Verizon for about four months, and I'm a very happy customer besides this. If experience to this point is an indicator, this problem will be solved, and I'm really looking forward to that.

ayde98
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue that everyone else has reported.  I do IT support for a living and have had this issue happen on Cisco, DLink, Linksys (yes I know it's Cisco, but proving a point), NetGear, Zyytec, etc....  It is a firmware problem on the phone.  I have done the "turn off auto network switch" solution and it works until the phone automatically turns it back on.  Really looking for a permanent fix.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate the details relating to this matter rdyxrolx! We always want you to be covered with the best support available. Do you mind sharing if you've reached out to Samsung for assistance with their device? If not, I recommend visiting http://bit.ly/IJvmpJ to review applicable options directly with the manufacturer. Please keep us posted, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate that information, ayde98.
I have forwarded all of the concerns listed.
What type of AP/router are you trying to connect to? In addition to just the brand it would be very helpful to have the Model # and the Security type (WEP / WPA / WPA2) so that we can investigate this. As far as the error message is concerned, where are you physically seeing the error message?

When Auto Network Switch is enabled & if link quality is evaluated to be poor, the device disconnects itself from the AP and find alternative connection, which can be either another AP or Cellular network.

If Auto Network Switch is disabled, it simply stays connected to the AP and notify the user that the Wi-Fi connection is poor, or the Internet is not available via the AP. When user clicks on the notification, device shows a pop-up message which guides the user to enable 'Auto network switch'.

This can be disabled or enabled by doing this:Settings -> Connections -> WiFi -> Menu -> Advanced -> Check or Uncheck 'Auto network switch' option.

Please provide additional details to have this investigated.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
susieqsie

I am having the same trouble since the most recent update. This was not an issue before. It only happens with my work wifi, and they have checked it and determined it's the phone. A solution would be greatly appreciated because I now have to turn off my phone during work hours to ensure I don't go over my data usage since unlimited data was taken away. What a pain. It's enough to make me want to switch mobile providers. I tried your fixes, but they did not work.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

susieqsie, we don't want this to be a problem for you too. You mentioned that you've tried all of our recommended fixes. The final troubleshooting step would be to master reset your device in Settings. For device support, click http://bit.ly/y5iuoj Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Angel26551

I spent 1 1/2 hour with a technician from Verizon who had me reset my phone and I am still having problems.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Angel26551,

Thanks for your efforts with our tech support team! I have forwarded feedback on this particular issue to our leadership and will also submit ticket to Samsung for investigation. Please be assured we'll post an update as soon as further information is available.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes