WiFii & 4G on @ same time after update to 4.3
rhrobsky

Among the issues already mentioned such as the "wake up" lag and the issues with WiFii (i.e. constantly saying the internet connection is unstable), my phone now has WiFii & 4G on simultaneously, unless I actually go in and turn off the 4G manually. How can I fix this issue so that when my phone automatically connects to WiFii, my 4G is not on as well?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: WiFii & 4G on @ same time after update to 4.3
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey rhrobsky,

I'm sorry for the issues that you are having with your device. We definitely want to make sure it is working correctly. By the screen shot that you provided it looks like your phone is operating correctly. The WiFi icon is the one that is colored. The 4G option is greyed out. You have an active WiFi connection and that is why it is in color. You aren't currently connected to the 4G if the 4G is greyed out. The only way to get the 4G icon off the screen is to turn off mobile data. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you use the Caller Name ID app on your phone? If not, I would suggest disabling it. The app uses the cellular data connection to access the names of the caller from the database even if the wifi radio is connected.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
rhrobsky

I do not. The Caller ID app is turned off on my phone. This issue arose after an update from My Verizon Mobile. However, I just tried turning the Caller ID app on and then off again. In addition, I restarted my phone and that seems to have fixed the issue. Thank you for your response!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey rhrobsky,

I'm sorry for the issues that you are having with your device. We definitely want to make sure it is working correctly. By the screen shot that you provided it looks like your phone is operating correctly. The WiFi icon is the one that is colored. The 4G option is greyed out. You have an active WiFi connection and that is why it is in color. You aren't currently connected to the 4G if the 4G is greyed out. The only way to get the 4G icon off the screen is to turn off mobile data. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes