WiFi connectivity and overheating issue
Taz21
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since I got my phone in December, I have had issues with Wifi connectivity.  My phone can be sitting on my desk at work or on the table at home and will drop the connection for no reason then pick it back up without me ever touching or moving the phone.  My phone, also, gets extremely hot when used for long periods of time.  An example is when using the GPS.

0 Likes
Re: WiFi connectivity and overheating issue
Taz21
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello?

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

Taz, If you have Bluetooth on, turn it off.  This has help many keeping wifi connected.

0 Likes
Taz21
Enthusiast - Level 2

My Bluetooth is off but thanks for the suggestion.

0 Likes
mrw1973
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same issues since the KitKat update. My phone gets really hot and it often cannot connect to WiFi or make a 4G connection. I've tried almost everything to fix it; online support, phone calls, and heading to the local VZW store. no one at VZW could fix it. Samsung rep pointed the finger to VZW and said they are issues specific to VZW Galaxy S4 phones. Not sure that helps me. Well, it helps me when I need to decide to renew my 2 year contract with VZW. Likely will not stick with Verizon  unless VZW does a lot more to fix all these know issues!!

0 Likes