Re: Wi-fi issue after 4.3 update
jerseyjudy
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm experiencing a similar problem since the update. Phone used to connect to my home wifi seamlessly as soon as I entered the house. Suddenly (since the update), it is remaining on 4G LTE, and when I check the status in settings, it tells me that wifi was disabled because internet service was too slow. Thereafter, I have to manually force a connection. So annoying...

njuneer
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you look 4 posts down, you will see that I answered these questions already. I have spent a large part of my career professionally troubleshooting complex tech systems. While my expertise is not specifically mobile, I am more than qualified to narrow down the problem through more than just "reset the phone" techniques. I'm also skilled enough to know that sometimes that is what it takes.

So, to answer your questions again.

Yes. I have tried it on multiple sources.

Yes. In safe mode.

Yes. After a complete device reset.

No. It still does not work as it should.

Somewhere, in a Verizon and/or Samsung office, there is an engineer that knows what is going on. The answer we need is in that office. Until Verizon figures out that customer service is not about asking the same basic questions over and over and over, I am still going to be hammering back. (Or until the rest of my contract sells on a 3rd party site and then you will not need to worry about me any longer.)

I spend a boatload of money on this service, this phone is not inexpensive and the best answer I can get after YOUR COMPANY BROKE MY PHONE is a bunch of 1st level tech support script reading nonsense.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I  know this is frustrating ntrum. I'm sorry you're having this issues after the update. I apprecate all the help given by the community. Here are the steps to uncheck the wifi auto option, click Settings -> Connections -> Wi-Fi -> Menu -> Advanced -> uncheck 'Auto Network Switch'. Please let me know if this is what you attempted and didnt work or if this did the trick. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsuppor

0 Likes
llaber1

Same problems here, used to have no issues connecting to wifi at home or at work and now my galaxy 4 can't. My wife has Galaxy 3 and it connects with no issues to our home router or any router. Now my phone spends half the day charging. If I get charged for data usage for Samsung or Verizon's incompetence, there will be hell to pay!

0 Likes
llaber1

Everyone needs to Tweet @Samsungsupport as they not aware this is a big issue experience by many.

0 Likes
CharChar09
Enthusiast - Level 1

It is the MOST frustrating thing ever!!
Also the NO response or acknowledgment from Verizon is really making frustrated. The price for this phone to NOT hold wifi and drain my data usage is ridiculous.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CharChar09,

I follow you 100%. May I ask if you have you performed any troubleshooting to attempt a remedy? We typically don't care to jump into this step but outside of what has already been highlighted by our team in this thread you may wish to backup your important info, process a hard reset http://vz.to/176v3fz, test, and share results. We're on standby for you.

EvanO_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ntrum

Like previously stated this has been attempted with no fix. If anyone else

feels like giving it a go, please do share, but I'm not doing this based

off of zero indication that it will work

On Nov 16, 2013 9:49 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
SupaMoose
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also am having the exact same issue, and due to data feeds I am on pace to go over on my data limits.  I would appreciate a little free data on the plan to mitigate this risk since it is not my fault until they can resolve this issue.

llaber1

Not an ideal fix but if I restart my phone when I come home, the phone automatically connects to wifi and stays on. Kinda annoying to restart phone every time i walk in and out though

0 Likes