Re: Wi-Fi calling doesn't work, or requests Airplane mode to be turned off
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would need to complete the factorydata reset. That is the final step in the troubleshooting process. Once that is complete we can start to look into replacement options.

FranciscoP_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Kap1234
Enthusiast - Level 2

I, too, am experiencing the same issue.  I am unable to make WiFi calls with airplane mode enabled...turn off airplane mode to make this call.  It is occurring on both my Galaxy phones.  WiFi calling does work with airplane mode off but I'm travelling overseas and pickup other networks and don't want to risk charges for texts.  I need airplane mode on!!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kap1234, it is always a must to be able to stay connected while traveling overseas. For Wi-Fi Calling to be enabled properly, this will need to be set up while in the United States and connecting to our Verizon Wireless network. You can learn more about using Wi-Fi Calling with this link: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/wifi-calling-faqs/

Has Wi-Fi Calling been enabled prior to your travel?

JoseL_VZW

0 Likes
Kap1234
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, as I indicated, it works perfectly with airplane mode off.  The issue is with airplane mode on.  It will then produce the warning and not allow calls.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am sure we will figure out what is going with your device making calls with WiFi Kap1234. First, I do want to make sure that I ask a few clarifying questions to better help you. Before you left the country were you able to activate WiFi calling? What is the make and model of your device? Has it always been this way when you traveled out of the country? AmberF_VZW

0 Likes
Ushmajs
Enthusiast - Level 1

The same is happening with me. I've been abroad for the past 6 weeks and wifi calling was working perfectly well with the phone in airplane mode but connected to wifi. In the last 10 days I've noticed that I no longer have the option to wifi call and get the same error when I try to make a call in airplane mode. Called Verizon and got transferred to Samsung and then Samsung told me that this was a Verizon issue. I reset networks, rebooted my phone, all the suggestions, but still nothing. Please help!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ushmajs,

I want to solve this mystery with the wifi calling not working. I rely on all features to work on my phone & that is exactly what I want for you. Thank you for your troubleshooting that you've done on your own so far. You mention that you have been overseas for six weeks. Are you still out of the United States? If so, I hope you're having a great time despite the wifi calling hiccup. Please let me know what country you are currently in & the Samsung phone model you are using.

Are you having any trouble with getting online while on wifi? Does this happen with every wifi connection? Please ensure Advanced Calling is activated with these steps https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-130983/

AliciaD_VZW

Kap1234
Enthusiast - Level 2

As indicated numerous times, this issue has nothing to do with where you are located.  I'm back in the US and it still does not work and used to in the past.  An update broke this functionality.  WiFi calling DOES NOT WORK in Airplane mode

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Before we go deeper, I need to ask an obvious question. Pardon its basicness. After turning on Airplane mode, then turn on and connect to a Wi-Fi network.

Are those the steps being taken prior to attempting a call? After learning of this error, has a Network Reset been performed on the device? Here are those steps for the S7:
https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-203894/

DavidH_VZW

0 Likes
Kap1234
Enthusiast - Level 2

Of course WiFi is on.  It is happening on multiple devices and yes, one has been reset.  As you can see, numerous people have the same issue