Re: Wi-Fi Calling Service is Terrible

HappyTarheel

I have the same issue. The Verizon VOIP app does not manage quality the way other, free VOIP calling apps do.  I turn on airplane mode and enable Verizon WIFI calling and 80% of the time people say I am breaking up. It's not my router nor Internet connection because I make calls over Skype, What'sApp or GoogleVoice and the calls are always excellent. 

Verizon WIFI calling is horrible. I guess they have little incentive to make it work well. VOIP calling has been around for over a decade.  It's not that they cannot do it. They don't want to.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

We never want you to have issues with your VOIP calling. We are here to help. What's the make and model of your phone? Is this the only issue you are having?

TabithaJ_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

3DFreek

I am having the exact trouble. on my Samsung Note 8 with the very latest android 9  and one ui, I have terrible connection where ppl cannot hear me or I cannot hear them, I call with google voice and clears as if I'm standing next to them. I have turned on airplain mode, then turned on wifi to force the connection through wifi and I have the same terrible signal where ppl cannot hear me or I cannot hear them... after the terrible experience I call them with google voice which is crystal clear.

btw, it has always been this way =/ During the winter time signal is much improved.

HELP Please

0 Likes

3DFreek

UPDATE: I was reading many many different threads to "our" problem and found articles suggesting changing the channel to 9 for 2.4ghz wifi. I just tried it and my calls so far are crystal clear.

Why do I have to scour the web for this information... I've not read this anywhere till today... I will update this thread with any changes

0 Likes