Why won't my galaxy s4 send mms consistenly!?
derrellmeyers11

Hello, this is my third galaxy s4 and I switched from and iphone 4s and am regretting it dearly! After returning my first 2 galaxy phones due to a defective battery, I was told that I cannot get a refund and am basically stuck to this contract and this defective phone. One problem though, that was consistent with all of my galaxy phones was that I could not send mms. Sure every once in a blue moon, maybe one or two files would send but otherwise, it would be that good ol' circle spinning for hours just to tell me that the message has failed. I've tried every possible thing to fix this! Folks at the verizon store even told me that they couldn't be of service. Why is this happening? I want out!

0 Likes
Re: Why won't my galaxy s4 send mms consistenly!?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

When you said you "tried every possible thing" to send a picture text, I'm assuming you had mobile data turned on and wi-fi turned off?

0 Likes
BigRedGonzo
Contributor - Level 1

As tikabar1 pointed out, you cannot send MMS with WiFi turned on.  In fact, you have to turn WiFi off BEFORE you hit send.  It does not use your data allotment, but does require the carrier's data network to send.  This is certainly a bug and should be fixed, but I have yet to see anywhere where Verizon has acknowledged it or said it was being worked on.

Benny

Klue
Master - Level 1

That is not true. Turning off Wifi is not a requirement to sending MMS  files.  I am running 4.3 and have Wifi and Data turned on and my files are send without issues. I've never that the problem even when on 4.2.2. If you have to turn off Wifi to send a MMS file then there is application conflict somewhere on your phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to love your phone Derrellmeyers11. I know receiving multiple replacements can be upsetting. Allow us to get to the bottom of your equipment concerns. Are you using a third party text messaging application? What software do you have running on your phone? To learn how to check click, http://vz.to/1cP6OY6 Also, can you try resetting your network by removing/reinserting sim card. To do this click, http://vz.to/1gawS2X

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
derrellmeyers11

At first I was using gosmspro so I stopped, to use the original messaging application, thinking that that would fix the problem; the problem still persisted. I am running 4.3. I've tried taking the sim card out at least 3 times and nothing, no progress at all. I was told that this phone could compete with all and was better than any other but yet I've never had this problem with my iphone nor any phone that I've had. And when it comes to sending videos, that isn't even an option.

0 Likes
mwd

I have been having a problem sending mms with wifi on and if turned off it sends with no problem.  I have found that the issue is with the Kaspersky security app changing my wifi settings for proxy server from none to manual.  This was not an issue with the free version of Kaspersky, but when I tried the 30 day trial for the paid full version of the app the problems began.  I have had no problems since since I removed the app and changed the proxy server back to none, hopefully, this helps!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you! I appreciate the information, Derrellmeyers11. I want to do everything to ensure you're able to receive and send MMS message. Have you deleted all message threads and then headed into Settings > Applications > Manage Apps > All, once you have reached the list of Apps select the messaging application and clear data and cache then retest.

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
csnj80
Enthusiast - Level 3

The sending issue may be a network connection issue- I've noticed with the S4 that if you have 1-2 bars on the signal indicator but no 1x,3G, or 4G next to it I have been able to receive e-mails and text messages, but trying to reply to a text message is impossible in most cases, I will get an error Send Failed message will send when connected to network. Also, if the attached file is over a certain size, it may not send.

0 Likes
HuskerDavis

I Google-searched for help when I found that my (2 week old) S4 Mini wasn't sending photo messages. I had sent them in the first week that I had the phone, but it wasn't working any more.

1. I tried the first trick (suggested by tikibar1 and BigRedGonzo) of turning off the WiFi, and that worked! THANKS! But I absolutely do not want to have to turn it off every time I send photo messages.

2. Then I tried YosefT's/VZW Customer Support's suggestion of clearing the data and cache in the Messaging app (I did it in both the Messaging app and the GoSMSPro app, to be safe). I then rebooted the phone. And YAY! I'm able to send photo messages again WITH WIFI TURNED ON and connected.

I'll try to remember to update this post if it happens again. Thanks all for your help!

0 Likes