Why won't my device boot up?
EAFoster
Enthusiast - Level 1

I get "secure fail: modem" alert in the top left hand corner. How can I fix this? Since about Aug it's been rebooting itself out of nowhere, and sometimes it took a few minutes to fully reboot. I've done a factory reset, I tried running the phone in safe mode, and I've tried running the phone without my SD card. The problem has gotten worse, and now it won't reboot at all. The screen is black with the secure fail message I mentioned. I also have a message telling me to use the Verizon Software Repair Assistant, but my phone won't even turn on so I'm not sure how to do that.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My Galaxy s5 won't boot up.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

EAFoster,

My phone is my only phone, so I can relate to how important it is that your phone is up and running. I don't want you to have to put up with this anymore. Let's get to work.

Is there any liquid or physical damage that could be causing your device to not power up? Do you recall any changes you made to your device before this issue began? New app? New Software?

Let's have you fully charge the device with the charger your phone came with, then try Safe Mode once more. What happens? Here are the steps: http://vz.to/1Fy5HYz.

KatiM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: My Galaxy s5 won't boot up.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

EAFoster,

My phone is my only phone, so I can relate to how important it is that your phone is up and running. I don't want you to have to put up with this anymore. Let's get to work.

Is there any liquid or physical damage that could be causing your device to not power up? Do you recall any changes you made to your device before this issue began? New app? New Software?

Let's have you fully charge the device with the charger your phone came with, then try Safe Mode once more. What happens? Here are the steps: http://vz.to/1Fy5HYz.

KatiM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes