Re: Samsung Galaxy 4 not syncing with Hotmail
Computerkitten

Okay thank you much I will load that one up! 

Also... last question, have you heard if they are going to fix the Stock email for Hotmail/Outlook so that we can delete from the server to keep emails in sync?

Thanks!

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Computerkitten wrote:

Also... last question, have you heard if they are going to fix the Stock email for Hotmail/Outlook so that we can delete from the server to keep emails in sync?

Thanks!

It is already able to do this as long as you set up your Hotmail account as an Exchange account.

0 Likes
Computerkitten

Hold on a second... that is what I'm trying to do and prefer but it sounded like from Elector it wasn't possible.  If it is... can you please point me to all the settings to try to setup again?  Had problems where it would lock up during configuration and then once I did have it setup after many tries... it would not sync. 

Please do share.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Not applicable
0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

settings > accounts > add account > Microsoft Exchange Active Sync

enter your Hotmail user name and password and the S4 should set it up automatically for you

0 Likes
Computerkitten

Okay I will try this, this afternoon, and see what happens!  Maybe it will work!  Will report back later thank you guys!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Computerkitten,

I know it's important for your email accounts to sync with your PC and mobile device, I will clarify why this is happening. The server you are using is POP3, which means your email account is designed to delete the emails you no longer need from the device you delete them from but not from the server, which is why you still see them when you log in throgh your PC. IMAP servers on the other hand sync all changes to the email account to any devices connected to it.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Computerkitten

Thanks for writing and explaining that.  So should I follow the instructions here:

http://help.outlook.com/en-US/140/dd940179.aspx

And not sure if this is setup for IMAP settings as I will go through it but let me know.  Just preference is to use the regular stock Email.  But if I have to will fall back on the add-on app though that just isn't the preference.

Thank you!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Computerkitten wrote:

Thanks for writing and explaining that.  So should I follow the instructions here:

http://help.outlook.com/en-US/140/dd940179.aspx

And not sure if this is setup for IMAP settings as I will go through it but let me know.  Just preference is to use the regular stock Email.  But if I have to will fall back on the add-on app though that just isn't the preference.

Thank you!

That is the exchange settings for a Hotmail account and will work nicely.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Yep that was the link I gave you. However the stand alone app does work much easier.

Good Luck

0 Likes