Why won't my Samsung Galaxy S4 sync with Hotmail?
Computerkitten

Have my Hotmail account setup through the main "Email" section for Hotmail and anytime I delete an e-mail on the Samsung Galaxy 4, within HOTMAIL, it does not delete it off the server.  So if I go to the Desktop the e-mail is still there.  Thus not syncing right.  I would prefer to utilize the main "Email" interface on the Samsung 4 and not a 3rd party app.

Are there certain settings that need to be configured on the Samsung Galaxy 4 in order to have this Sync correctly with Hotmail?

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung Galaxy 4 not syncing with Hotmail
merc7
Enthusiast - Level 2

attempt this.. delete the email account one more time... go into the apps manager in settings... find the mail app force close and clear data (if this is your only email account... if not remove them all) power down and up the phone.. go in and add your hotmail account again using other instead of hotmail.. it will be through the same app.. it will just ask the outlook server for better settings in the auto process...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
merc7
Enthusiast - Level 2

attempt this.. delete the email account one more time... go into the apps manager in settings... find the mail app force close and clear data (if this is your only email account... if not remove them all) power down and up the phone.. go in and add your hotmail account again using other instead of hotmail.. it will be through the same app.. it will just ask the outlook server for better settings in the auto process...

0 Likes
Computerkitten

I tried to do this... I deleted the email and I am not able to even add it back in.  It locks up and asks if I want to close it or not.  Not sure what to do at this point?

0 Likes
Computerkitten

I stand corrected... I just finally found out the way to completed clear the Email cache as it kept locking up.  So have it setup again.  Now going to see if this sync rights.  Let you know.  Thanks!

0 Likes
Computerkitten

After all that its still not syncing correctly... looks like it downloaded about half of the message that I have in the Inbox at Hotmail.  If I delete an e-mail on the Samsung, it does not remove it on the laptop Hotmail.

Other ideas?

0 Likes
Not applicable

The stock email on the device is totally unreliable. No matter what the device is.

When you download the stand alone app for OUTLOOK (Hotmail) the settings allow you to delete from the server.

This is what you do not have checked off under the stock email settings. When you click on the email and under settings accounts, you do have an option to remove from server.

However I do not check the box for this since if the mail comes in screwed up, only partially downloaded, corrupted in any other way I can always use the desk top to read and delete that way.

Although you do not want to use the stand alone app it is still a better option in my opinion.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Computerkitten

Hello Elector,

Thank you for writing.  It sounds like I need to abandon te stock email which I totally prefer :-(.  That is the way it goes though.

Okay so which of these applications exactly at the Playstore do I need to download? 

Are they going to fix the stock e-mail anytime soon for Hotmail (Outlook)?

Thanks for your response.

0 Likes
Not applicable

in Google Play Store it is listed as Outlook Email there is more than one, it can say Outlook or just Outlook for android.

I just choose Outlook. Can also be found searching for Hotmail.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Computerkitten

Okay I found two apps... one says "Outlook.com written by Microsoft + SEVEN" and other says "Outlook email Hotmail msn mail, written by Wellsparc"....

Let me know thank you for your time.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Outlook.com written by Microsoft + SEVEN

This is the one I use on the devices.

Good Luck

0 Likes