Why was I sent a factory refurbished S5 to replace my New S5 that I am paying an edge payment on? Very disappointed in Tech Support at 800 number and at the store.
Mherrera32
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is the 3rd S5 to be replaced and I received a factory refurbished phone. Wow, I want a new S5 since I have 18 more Edge payments left.

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why was I sent a factory refurbished S5 to replace my New S5 that I am paying an edge payment on? Very disappointed in Tech Support at 800 number and at the store.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Mherrera32 - We are dedicated to offering you the best device experience! Once 14 days has passed from purchase we are able to honor manufacturers warranty. Typically you would send the device to the manufacturer and wait for a repair. We certainly do not want you to be without a phone so we are able to issue a Certified Like New Replacement device.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Why was I sent a factory refurbished S5 to replace my New S5 that I am paying an edge payment on? Very disappointed in Tech Support at 800 number and at the store.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Mherrera32 - We are dedicated to offering you the best device experience! Once 14 days has passed from purchase we are able to honor manufacturers warranty. Typically you would send the device to the manufacturer and wait for a repair. We certainly do not want you to be without a phone so we are able to issue a Certified Like New Replacement device.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
Mherrera32
Enthusiast - Level 2

But the issues still happen even after you have replaced it at least 2 times.........I am tired of the run around and heaven forbid I should speak to a supervisor.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mherrera32,

We can understand how this can be concerning. We stand behind the manufacturers warranty. If for any reason you continue to have any issues with your device we would be able to replace it. If you feel you need further assistance you can reach out to the manufacturer at 888-987-4357

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Mherrera32
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have contact Samsung and I have to send them my phone.........wth am I suppose to do without a phone, my only means of communicating with my children while I am at work for at least 2 weeks. Why can't the store or Verizon Customer Service give me another phone without having to go through the bull.....

0 Likes
Not applicable

Because the maker of the device sets the warranty terms.

Those terms say "Refurbished" not new.

Verizon just swaps out so you don't have a two week or more wait from the manufacturer.

Its in the warranty.

B33
Legend

As Elector pointed out it is the Way it works, when I sent in my brand new Droid Maxx my replacement was a factory refurbished.. with a slight scratch on the Glass in the upper left corner and a couple nicks you can barely see but are there.. I asked the store manager that I know really well what could be done since of this and she said even though I've know for a long time and your Good customer I have to treat this as would any one else I'll have to have one sent too ya again, my response was I wanted to be mad but that's not smart so I declined ta have another one sent and I'll  live with the one I have..

GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Good move Wildcat and anyone before making a purchase should read all of that warranty. It's very plain if they read it what they will get like Elector posted .

B33
Legend

But I will say this if the pockets would of had enough Green in them I'd had a new phone to post about..

0 Likes
Not applicable

Take it out of dads pant pockets after he goes to sleep...