Why so many having trouble with the new KitKat update?
MudBone827
Enthusiast - Level 3

Why are so many people having trouble with this new update? I did my update on the 26th, immediately started having problems with it and keep finding others as the days pass. I have posted here about those problems updating my posts as more appear with screenshots(when possible) and have not had one official Verizon response trying to help. PLEASE, give us a rollback update, we pay our bills, it's the least that could be done. Thank you, a concerned 6/7 year customer.

0 Likes
Re: Why so many having trouble with the new KitKat update?
Not applicable

There is no way to rollback an update. It's not going to happen. I have had no issues with my G2 updates despite what others are posting. I seriously doubt I somehow got a "good update and everyone else got a bad update. same update. I suspect people just need to week their settings

0 Likes
MudBone827
Enthusiast - Level 3

I would gladly review and perform any tweek you think might work to resolve my problem as I really like my S4 and past Verizon service. Please do elaborate.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you're having issues with your software update MudBone827. I know its difficult to deal with a device that is not working properly. What specific issues are you having? What phone do you have? Have you tried to remove any problematic apps or perform a hard reset?

KinquanaH_VZw
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
MudBone827
Enthusiast - Level 3

I think things are now working right by doing what I was told by Technical Support wouldn't work, so, things are back to normal for now. Thanks for trying to assist.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MudBone827 glad to hear things are running smoothly again! If you have any additional questions/concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know or check out http://vz.to/1hYsYIP 

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
intrepidfedora

MudBone, would you mind sharing the details of the steps you took to make KitKat work? I'm about to update and I'd like to be prepared in case I run into trouble.

0 Likes
Re: Re: Why so many having trouble with the new KitKat update?
MudBone827
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you haven't updated yet, DON'T DO IT, my problems have returned with a vengeance, the fix was only temporary, refer to this topic/thread; Samsung Galaxy S4 update read and note the screenshots and what I last posted on page 3.

0 Likes