Why isn't my smart rotation working? Cannot watch videos in the full screen when my phone is in landscape orientation.
dossie

I have the S6  Edge 64GB, I have the smart rotation turned on and I am still unable to get videos display in full screen when the phone is in the landscape orientation.  When I select full screen in landscape, the picture is stretched and distorted.

I also am unable to get my camera pictures to display in the correct view, they all display opposite of what they were taken; so that I am having to edit and

manually rotate the picture to the correct orientation.

Has anyone else had these problems, and if so how were they corrected?

0 Likes
Re: Why isn't my smart rotation working? Cannot watch videos in the full screen when my phone is in landscape orientation.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dossie,

These are some odd issues you are having. Let's get you back to fully enjoying your device. What software version is your phone currently on? http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-152216/ When did this start happening? Do you use a 3rd party app for your pictures or the native app on the phone?

SandyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Why isn't my smart rotation working? Cannot watch videos in the full screen when my phone is in landscape orientation.
dossie

I have had the phone since April of this year. I use the native photo app that came on the phone, and have software version 5.0.2.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dossie,

Thanks for following up. Looks like you may have provided the Android version. Click the link to view the steps for viewing the software version, it details the steps to get to the Build Number, which is the same as the software version http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-152216/

SandyS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dossie

LRX22G.G925VVRU2AOF1

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dossie-

Thank you for that piece of information.  Let's continue to work together to ensure you have a fully functioning device.  We want your new phone to work like a charm.  When did this issue begin?  Does your phone have any physical or water damage? 

EmmaM_VZW

0 Likes