Why isn't email syncing even with all the sync settings "on"?
adirk

All of my sync settings are on, and yet I'm not able to sync emails on my phone.
I use my phone almost exclusively for business so this is a MAJOR inconvenience. I've not been able to download any email from the server for several days now. I've checked and double-checked all my email account settings, and they are all correct. Other suggestions about "master sync" and "turning on sync in the settings" have all been done, redone, and done again.

This is VERY frustrating!!! Please help.

0 Likes
Re: Why isn't email syncing even with all the sync settings "on"?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello adirk,

Let's stop the inconvenience and fix your emails. What kind of email are you using? Is this happening with multiple email addresses? Have you tried removing and re-adding the email address to your phone?

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
merlin1985

i am also having the same problem i did remove my email from the phone and it is still turned off

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm here to help eliminate those problems merlin1985! What model device is this? The S4 or S4 mini? What email client are you using? Is this happening with more than one email account?

JonathanK_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
adirk

I’m using POP-mail for my work email through my own domain and personal email through Comcast. So yes, it’s happening through multiple email addresses and multiple email service providers. It is important to note that the email service from both providers is working perfectly on my computer, via their corresponding web mail applications, and via the POP-mail accounts I have set up on my Samsung Galaxy tablet. So it’s obviously an issue with my phone.

Yes, I’ve tried removing the email addresses and re-adding. No good.

Next idea?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the additional details adirk! Does your phone advise that master sync is off? When you changed the settings did you pull down the notification panel>Tap the menu icon in the upper right hand corner>-Tap the "Sync" smart button? If so, and you have removed and added the email accounts I suggest backing up the device and completing a factory reset here http://vz.to/1r32MPE Please test and share. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
adirk

Backing up the entire device would require me to pay extra to Verizon for storage space. Do you have any suggestions for minimizing the size of my backup? Also, by resetting the device, will I lose all the installed apps?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello adirk, let's get to the bottom of this together! My best suggestion for minimizing the backup is to first run through items that you may no longer need and delete files. Also, if you have an SD memory card you can transfer files, pics, and music from the phone memory to the external storage system. After the factory reset is complete, access the Google Play store to re-install the original apps that you downloaded previously and it will begin to install and update those apps automatically when signed into your previous Gmail account.

WiltonA_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

at what interval is email being checked/fetched in prime time(hours you set) & non prime time.

0 Likes