Re: camera
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'd also suggest getting a replacement or at least contacting Customer Service and/or VzW; apparently others have experienced the same issue:

http://www.androidheadlines.com/2015/05/issue-samsung-galaxy-s6s-front-facing-camera.html

Samsung Galaxy S6 Front Facing Camera Issue: Purple Speck Might Be Camera Sensor Problem : PERSONAL ...

apeavy
Enthusiast - Level 3

The weird thing is that the dot is not as noticeable in well lit pictures but very noticeable in darker lighting.

20150512_092934.jpg

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

That seemed to be the case with others noted in the articles mentioned in the earlier post.

stef7
Master - Level 2

Good research by tikibar! so it's not a one-off issue. Hmmm. I guess then personally, I'd want a new phone. It would be interesting... Would you have to send yours in to get a replacement, or would they send one out to you and allow you to send yours in? Or could you pick up one in a corporate VZW store. Ouch

Snn5
Legend

At first it looks like a pixel problem, but those are usually not round, almost looks 3D.  Is this only in pictures or other screens?  Can you set an all black or white wallpaper or view an all black or all white image in your browser and see this dot?

Snn5
Legend

I would imagine that this would be a warranty replacement, not a repair, and if outside the 14 days, not an in-store exchange.

Mike8972
Contributor - Level 1

It appears to be an imperfection on your camera screen.  When I got my new PC the monitor had an ever present annoying black dot on it. I got a replacement and all has been fine ever since. Complain and either exchange the phone or send to Samsung for repair.

0 Likes