Enthusiast - Level 3

Why is there a blue dot on front facing camera

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: camera
Mike8972
Contributor - Level 1

It appears to be an imperfection on your camera screen.  When I got my new PC the monitor had an ever present annoying black dot on it. I got a replacement and all has been fine ever since. Complain and either exchange the phone or send to Samsung for repair.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

That's the lens.

apeavy
Enthusiast - Level 3

So what do I do to fix it

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You don't.  It's the lens.  In other words, there is nothing wrong with the lens being blue.  Motorolas had green tinted lenses for a while, my LG's is black.  Unless you are saying that pics taken with the front camera have blue spots on them.

apeavy
Enthusiast - Level 3

It has a single blue dot on the picture

Snn5
Legend

I haven't heard this issue yet, out of all the other S6 problems in the community.

stef7
Master - Level 2

On the LCD, or on images taken by the camera? If the former or the latter, you may need a replacement device.

Snn5
Legend

Yes, I would definitely look into a replacement.  Hopefully it's a one-off situation and not another mass defect.

stef7
Master - Level 2

I mean, the first thing OP can do is try to clean the front-facing camera lense. It's possible, something is on the surface of the glass. The second thing the OP can do is try another Camera application...

If it's just the front-facing camera (I don't take a lot of selfies), it's then up to the OP to decide if the device should be replaced. The spot might not be that noticeable. It could be "fixed" with image post-processing potentially.

If the defect were in the LCD though, I guess that would force my hand.

Snn5
Legend

I had a blackberry with a strange blurred shadow in every picture, same place, no matter the app used.  I believe it was a tiny bit of fuzz/lint that had gotten between the lens and the clear lens cover and was amplified and out of focus.  I wonder if the OP can post a screenshot of the picture or the view from the active camera view.

0 Likes