Re: 2nd Half of Lollipop Update Fails
Snn5
Legend

OK, your update just failed.  Why, IDK, but if you have any apps disabled, try re-enabling everything.  Sometimes the updates search for particular checksums and other system specific data and apps before it will install.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Your issue is that the update may have actually corrupted your install if you are getting "ERROR" and a flat-on-back android.

0 Likes
hiyoguy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Like I said, I've factory reset over and over again... Those screenshots were taken right after the most recent reset... nothing new installed, no settings changed 😕  thanks for trying though.

0 Likes
JeffD1975
Enthusiast - Level 2

Post factory reset, nothing is disabled.  So that's not the issue. 

Doing some research on other OTA updates that have had the same issue (error 402), it sounds like the installer did corrupt something on my phone and the result is that my phone is "soft bricked" and will not take any more updates.

The Samsung Upgrade Assistant refuses to work on my phone because my firmware is corrupted now.  So... the next step is... what?  I can't exactly roll back since the factory reset doesn't fix whatever is corrupted.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

If you have extended warranty, no issues, but either way Verizon should offer to exchange the phone for a working refurb.  Don't quote me on that if you are out of warranty, as sometimes Verizon will say the update was at fault, sometimes they say its not under warranty coverage if you are past the 1 year of ownership.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I will refer you to my last post as well.

0 Likes
millerlp

So I have the same problem and just tried the update in safe mode to no avail. Any other ideas? I have seen some people having success flashing to a stock image and then updating to 5.0.1 but I am not sure how to go about doing this.

0 Likes
hiyoguy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sigh... I was really hoping it wouldn't get to the point where I have to request a replacement.  Oh well.  Thanks again for your advice.

Snn5
Legend

To do what they did you must void your warranty and then if something goes wrong, you're on your own.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Hope some of it helped.

0 Likes