Why is the reception for my brand new Galaxy S6 so poor?
jm47
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why is my new Galaxy S6 with a network extender(all lights are solid blue) in the same room dropping calls? There a small single bar on the phone signal indicator. What's wrong?

Re: Why is the reception for my brand new Galaxy S6 so poor?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure you have the best connection possible. Have you had service before in that area with your device?

KleoL_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
beefmaster10
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same problem. Very poor reception on my new s6 edge...

0 Likes
jm47
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon: I don't understand your question about service."Have you had service before in that area with your device?"

Why wouldn't I have service if I have a range extender?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize about the confusion caused with our previous response to you jm47. Allow us to get to the bottom of your service concerns. When did you start experiencing dropped calls with your network extender? I understand this is a new device you recently purchased. Has your new phone been connected to the Network Extender?

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jm47
Enthusiast - Level 2

HI Michelle. I have had a signal strength problem  before the range extender. I just purchased a Galaxy x6 that hasn't  solved the problem  either.

0 Likes
Juls137

Hello,

I just switched from the S4 to the S6 on Black Friday and the reception is much worse. I used to listen to Iheartradio every day at work on my phone to get me through each day (since they block it so we don't use up the bandwidth on our computers but are allowed to listen on our phones), and now it won't even completely go in the app. I get either one bar at work or none with it telling me I can only make emergency calls. At home it's not much better. I have to go to certain places to even get a text out a lot of times. This is with wifi in both places. This is so frustrating! If I would've known I wouldn't have waited over 2 years to upgrade my to have a prettier but non working phone unless I play the let's hold my phone in different places to find a bar game.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional information provided jm47. Congrats on your new Galaxy S6. Do you have your Network Extender set to private? If so, have you already added the new Galaxy S6 to the Network Extender? If you dial #48 then press the Send Key, do you get a message that you are registered under the Network Extender?

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jm47
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Michelle: how do I set my network extender to private? Thanks...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jm47,

We want to make managing your network extender easy. You can do so when you are logged into your online My Verizon account. Once you have access you will want to change the extender to "Closed" rather than open and you will then want to add numbers to your whitelist to allow access. See how to manage the extender online here http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-21844/.

AdamGG_VZW

0 Likes