Why is my phone freezing up after the Software update?
TAARNA0605
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently had issues after the software upgrade with Security Log Agent notifications and the phone restarting on its own. I had thought the issue was resolved but the phone is freezing up and I continue having the issues even after I did a factory reset. Could it be the phone itself? I have another S7 on my account that has had no issues after the upgrade.

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Issues after Software upgrade
TAARNA0605
Enthusiast - Level 2

Final update:I took the phone to the Verizon store on Friday and they are shipping out a new phone. It had gotten to the point that I couldn't read a text message w/out the phone restarting and I had to turn off the phone in order to charge to prevent it from restarting as soon as I remove it from the charger (or unplug). It sometimes freezes up once it restarta and I don't want want it to overheat. That was the reason I had to do the factory reset, it was the only way I was able to unfreeze the phone. Thank you for all of your help!

View solution in original post

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

It could be an app that is causing the restarts.  Compare the apps on the two S7's, and then disable them one at a time till you find the culprit.

TAARNA0605
Enthusiast - Level 2

Still working on the apps..unfortunately I have to uninstall most, they can't be disabled. Will give an update. No luck so far!

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

It's likely to be one that is on the problem phone but not on the working phone ... that will narrow your apps to go through.

If this does find an app that causes the restarts, let us know which app was the one ... it may help someone else having the same issue.

TAARNA0605
Enthusiast - Level 2

Final update:I took the phone to the Verizon store on Friday and they are shipping out a new phone. It had gotten to the point that I couldn't read a text message w/out the phone restarting and I had to turn off the phone in order to charge to prevent it from restarting as soon as I remove it from the charger (or unplug). It sometimes freezes up once it restarta and I don't want want it to overheat. That was the reason I had to do the factory reset, it was the only way I was able to unfreeze the phone. Thank you for all of your help!