Why is my new S10 using so much data
dardar2

I got an S10 and last month I had to get more data twice.  I have a small 2gb plan and have never gone over, what could be happening now?  The cloud seemed to be using a lot so I cancelled that, what else can I do, I shut off auto video's and tried to stop most things running in the background.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why is my new S10 using so much data
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you checked apps such as the Play Store and ensured that updates are set to wi-fi only?  Have you reviewed the phone's data usage section to see what's using the data?

0 Likes
dardar2

Thank you, I did change the play store as I saw that on another post.  The cloud was using the most so got rid of that.  Will see what happens.  I tend to do everything instead of 1 at a time to see what works.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@dardar2

It's great to know that you had upgraded to a new Galaxy S10. Like many new smartphones, they would need to update applications and other programs, which can add up to a lot of mobile data if Wi-Fi isn't being used. However, let's see what the phone is actually showing for data usage, as that will get us going in the right direction. Please go to Settings > Connections > Data Usage, and you'll see options on setting up phone alerts when you use so much data, including the option to turn off data. Tap on "Mobile Data Usage" to see what applications are being used when it comes to mobile data within a 30-day period. You'll want to make sure the date listed in this menu matches your bill's date range for the most-accurate view possible, but let us know what you find here first.

RussellM_VZW

0 Likes