Why is my device getting so hot?
RYAWIN48
Enthusiast - Level 2

After the August 17 software update, my Galaxy S6 64gb has been overheating constantly, draining the battery and slow to no performance.  I have disabled location, Bluetooth, Android Pay & Samsung Pay, lowered the brightness and avoided any roaming. It's been shut down and restarted multiple times. I've gone into safe mode, disabled photo backups and everything I can find. In the 18 months prior to this update I had the cooling down warning once.  Since the update, I have it cooling down every time I stream music, YouTube or Netflix and when I charge, even from the Samsung charger.

Just writing this on my phone drained my battery from 86% to 71% and its too hot to hold.

When is this software going to be rolled back or replaced? This is unacceptable.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Too hot to hold
RYAWIN48
Enthusiast - Level 2

Solved - I disabled / stopped Chrome and installed the Beta version of the Chrome browser.  No more overheating when browsing the web.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you check the breakdown of battery usage underneath SETTINGS, what does it show as the top 2 or 3 power consumers?

RYAWIN48
Enthusiast - Level 2

After being unplugged for 13 minutes, it lists Chrome 42%, Media Server 40%, Screen 17%.  Estimated usage time remaining is 2 hours.

0 Likes
RYAWIN48
Enthusiast - Level 2

Solved - I disabled / stopped Chrome and installed the Beta version of the Chrome browser.  No more overheating when browsing the web.

0 Likes