Why is my device flashing when I receive a call?
Shifter007

I updated my phone yesterday with the new update and now the flash goes off when my phone rings, all my facebook connection have disappeared from my contacts and my phone ringer has reverted back to the default for all contacts.  Has anyone else seen problems like this?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: New update problems
MySIII
Contributor - Level 2

Shifter007 wrote:

I updated my phone yesterday with the new update and now the flash goes off when my phone rings, all my facebook connection have disappeared from my contacts and my phone ringer has reverted back to the default for all contacts.  Has anyone else seen problems like this?

Yes there are many threads about many issues. Here is one that has much info. There are many others. Also , here is the flash fix.Only issue I have had thus far was the flash (fixed) and ringers/notifications had to be reassigned (no biggie) I have had one instance that I had the "unstable WiFi connection and one instance that the phone froze. Other than that no real batter issues of phone getting hot issues. 

Go to Settings>Accessibility>Flash notification.  If the box is  unchecked, check it and uncheck it and that should stop the flash from  flashing during calls. If it is checked just uncheck it, You may have to  restart your phone after, don't remember, but it  worked for me.

https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/812849

View solution in original post

0 Likes
trialjeff

Same problems here.  Nothing like being in court and the flash from your phone gOes off at counsel table with an incoming call.  Nice feature.   The keyboard is buggy as well.

0 Likes
JellieNJ
Enthusiast - Level 2

The flash is a notification for incoming calls, texts, emails, Words with
Friends....most things that you may be receiving notifications for. I just
posted a fix in another place in message board.

https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/1038530#1038530

(Duplicate content removed - please visit link above)

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
MySIII
Contributor - Level 2

Shifter007 wrote:

Yes there are many threads about many issues. Here is one that has much info. There are many others. Also , here is the flash fix.Only issue I have had thus far was the flash (fixed) and ringers/notifications had to be reassigned (no biggie) I have had one instance that I had the "unstable WiFi connection and one instance that the phone froze. Other than that no real batter issues of phone getting hot issues. 

Go to Settings>Accessibility>Flash notification.  If the box is  unchecked, check it and uncheck it and that should stop the flash from  flashing during calls. If it is checked just uncheck it, You may have to  restart your phone after, don't remember, but it  worked for me.

https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/812849

0 Likes
JT02468

Shifter007 - Thank you for the info.

I have not noticed battery issue.

After update my device had camera flash go off with Alarm.  Very disconcerting the first time it happened.

Followed your advice on checking/unchecking flash notification and it seems to have resolved - at least for a "test" alarm I set.

Agree with other posts I have read.  Samsung and VZ could have done better with the update...but overall it has been positive for me - I have not had issues others experienced.

0 Likes
MySIII
Contributor - Level 2

JT02468 wrote:

Shifter007 - Thank you for the info.

I have not noticed battery issue.

After update my device had camera flash go off with Alarm.  Very disconcerting the first time it happened.

Followed your advice on checking/unchecking flash notification and it seems to have resolved - at least for a "test" alarm I set.

Agree with other posts I have read.  Samsung and VZ could have done better with the update...but overall it has been positive for me - I have not had issues others experienced.

You are welcome, my flash started to flash during incoming calls...So hope your issues are few and far between if any. I don't know why some are having major issues and some are not. I updated my girlfriend's phone a day after mine and no real issues either.

0 Likes
Shaftl

That happened to me too, I swore the aliens were here. have you figured out how to turn that off?

0 Likes
MySIII
Contributor - Level 2

Shaftl wrote:

That happened to me too, I swore the aliens were here. have you figured out how to turn that off?

Yes, follow the instructions posted above in my precious post

0 Likes