Why is my calendar info missing after the update?
scott-weaver-nm

Just updated my Galaxy S4 to Lollipop this morning (Android 5.0.1). Everything works fine but notice that the calendar app has been updated and... none of my info is there. I have months of items scheduled and also refer backwards regularly to previous events. Nothing is there now at all?

Anyone else encounter this, and how can I recover the data?

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Calendar info missing after lollipop update?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
@scott-weaver-nm

Software updates are intended to provide customers a better wireless experience, not worse.  I want to ensure you're able to view your important Calendar events again.

When you open your Calendar application, touch the "menu" key on the bottom left and select "Calendars".  Which "Calendars" are selected for view on this screen?  Are your previous Calendar events saved in your Google Calendar or were they saved to the "Device Calendar"?  Please let me know so that I can further assist.

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
@scott-weaver-nm

Software updates are intended to provide customers a better wireless experience, not worse.  I want to ensure you're able to view your important Calendar events again.

When you open your Calendar application, touch the "menu" key on the bottom left and select "Calendars".  Which "Calendars" are selected for view on this screen?  Are your previous Calendar events saved in your Google Calendar or were they saved to the "Device Calendar"?  Please let me know so that I can further assist.

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
scott-weaver-nm

Thanks for getting back to me. When I select “view all calendars” from the options menu on the phone then my calendar information suddenly came up in calendar. not sure “which” calendar I’m using (this get confusing) but as long as the data is there I’m OK. Thanks -

Scott

0 Likes
fsr119
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you so much for your post!  My calendar was gone also.  And I live by my calendar!  I checked, unchecked and checked again the "calendars" boxes and nothing worked.  Then I tried the "Sync now" and my calendars finally showed up!  Not sure what happened - but I am so glad to have my calendar back. 

0 Likes
scott-weaver-nm

The first two days after the update the calendar wasn’t syncing with my computer (google calendar on Mac OSX). For some unknown reason it suddenly did start syncing again. Never figured it out but am pleased to have things working again as they’re supposed to!

Scott

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
fsr119,

Wonderful! Glad this is back up and running for you! If you need anything else, we are here for you! http://vz.to/1yilw6C
NicoleB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes