Why is my Galaxy S6 screen black?
Jules_3
Enthusiast - Level 2

The screen on my Galaxy S6 just stopped working.  I get the flashing blue notificactions light but everything else is dead.  When I try calling my number it goes straight to voicemail.  I had it charging for over an hour and its still going to voicemail.  Completely black.  I've tried every combination of pressing buttons and still nothing.  I need my phone back desperately!

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Galaxy s6 black screen
Jules_3
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks, the phone is shot.  I brought it to a store and they tried changing the battery, screen, digitizer or something, and charging port and nothing worked.  Replacement is on the way.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Hold the power and vol down and see if you can get it to boot to the bootloader, you may have to factory reset from there. You will lose all your data, but may be able to get your phone working again.

0 Likes
Jules_3
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks, the phone is shot.  I brought it to a store and they tried changing the battery, screen, digitizer or something, and charging port and nothing worked.  Replacement is on the way.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jules&3, we want to make sure you have a working phone. We will provide trouble shooting assistance.  Can you tell me if there is any physical damage on your phone?  We also want you to try doing a soft reset of the device: http://vz.to/2lwd4Nn

RalphT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

If you read his last post, you'd see that he's getting it taken care of.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Glad you were able to get it replaced.

0 Likes