Why is my Galaxy S6 eating through data at an insane rate?
Griffin_Zero
Enthusiast - Level 2

After the most recent software update - phone started going through data like crazy. I have verified that smart network switch is disabled (so it won't jump back and forth to the network), always connected to wifi at work and home. Turned off auto play (except on wifi) in social media apps. Looks like I'm not the only one experiencing it...does anyone have an actual solution for the issue, or are we just stuck for now?

0 Likes
Re: Why is my Galaxy S6 eating through data at an insane rate?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Under Settings > Data Usage, what does the phone list as using the data?

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Aside from what tikibar1 has stated, make sure you set the correct billing cycle so that you get valid information for your billing period.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Griffin_Zero
Enthusiast - Level 2

s6photo1.png

0 Likes
Griffin_Zero
Enthusiast - Level 2

I replied to the original post with the request you had.

0 Likes
Griffin_Zero
Enthusiast - Level 2

The amount of data that Verizon is stating that line has used is what I am going off of. The data spike started after she ran the update.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Does the data usage from your screenshot correspond with your billing cycle. This is a user changeable setting so unless you have manually set it to correspond to your billing cycle, it is unlikely that it does.

I notice from your screenshot that almost 1 GB of data has been used just by 2 apps, Facebook and Snapchat. If you are not actually watching videos on Facebook, I would guess the settings in that app are set to autoplay videos.

How far into your current billing cycle are you? Additionally, how much data does Verizon say you have used so far in this billing cycle.

0 Likes