Why is Yahoo email using so much data?
amyr04

M new Galaxy S6 is hogging a lot of data, much more than my Galaxy S3. Does anyone know why?

0 Likes
Re: Why is Yahoo email using so much data?
Snn5
Legend

You can confirm that Yahoo is the main culprit?  How often does it sync, does it sync all folders?  Depending on what you are doing, especially streaming, the S6 will use more data than the S3.  The S6 has a faster cpu and gpu, larger screen with HD and will most likely auto play the highest quality available when streaming.  While there would not be a huge difference between the amount of data the S3 and S6 CAN use, the S6 will MOST LIKELY use more than the S3 based upon connections, speed, and quality of video or music streamed.

0 Likes
amyr04

When I check my data usage, Yahoo  Mail is on top of list. I don't stream any music or videos. Where do I check for syncing? I have looked & can't find.

We cut my data as suggested by the sales rep, because I use very little. I have watched how many times I have done anything to use data, because I wanted to make sure I didn't go over. I don't even come close to using anything that uses data as much as I did on the S3. Well I went over anyways, so I am trying to figure out why.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Yahoo mail, the dedicated app has it's own settings while if you were using the stock email app with a Yahoo account, the stock app might have its own set of options.

0 Likes