Why have my notifications stopped working?
NICPUL45

Re: my S7 Edge:

I had noticed over time that a few apps weren't giving me push notifications.

Now, suddenly, I'm not getting *any* push notifications on my phone, from any apps.

This has been a change within the last few hours. I received gmail notifications overnight, and haven't made any changes, but now they have stopped loading unless I manually go into the app and refresh.

Additionally, my battery seems to be dying *much* faster than normal, again with no changes to usage or the device between yesterday and today.

What should I do? Really don't want to have to do a factory reset if I can avoid...

Have restarted several times, and double checked notifications settings... nothing is helping so far.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Notifications stopped working
Jallis
Contributor - Level 1

Problem solved. Evidently the last update changed something with the email handling for my Comcast email. I changed the email handling from POP3 to IMAP and volia, no more notification problems.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

NICPUL45,

That's certainly concerning and we want to make sure your device is working as it should. Since this started have there been any changes to the device software, new applications, application updates or even damage? Let's try placing the device in Safe Mode and see if you receive the same issues. See how here https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-203892/.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Jallis
Contributor - Level 1

I have the same problem. I have even done 2 Factory Resets. All the settings are correct. even did SAFE mode still the same.Called Samsung and there tech support is worthless. There was a software update a week ago or so, but the problem occured when I did the first reset to try and correct a problem with google search.

0 Likes
Jallis
Contributor - Level 1

Problem solved. Evidently the last update changed something with the email handling for my Comcast email. I changed the email handling from POP3 to IMAP and volia, no more notification problems.

0 Likes