Enthusiast - Level 2

After following the steps I posted, it worked great, then when I got home

from bowling league, wouldnt work again....this morning, not working

again.....this needs to be fixed soon as my fiance's phone is sitting here

waiting to be setup and updated.

Re: On Galaxy S7, play store application updates do not work over Wifi
bhl62
Enthusiast - Level 2

Install DNSet from the play store using 4G/public wifi, and start it (don't check the auto-start button unless you really want it that way). This creates a VPN that uses Google DNS and bypasses whatever DNS setting is messing up the phone. Enjoy all your Google apps!

(Gotcha: DNSet doesn't have a disconnect button even though the UI says it does, so when you're done with it find it in App Manager and force close.)

Swanny8887
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having a similar issue,  When connected to any Wifi I cannot download applications.  They consistently fail.  I also cannot rent movies though Google play.  Ive also noticed my push notifications from ESPN and Gmail do not come through until I switch to cellular data.  If anyone finds a fix for this let me know,  THis is so annoying and ridiculous.

Left2theRight
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you this worked for me. I hope they fix this soon.

0 Likes
Themetallikid
Enthusiast - Level 2

Correct answer for me.

0 Likes
RITdad
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same problem. Got the S7 Friday night. Noticed the phone getting hot and battery draining quickly. Realized it was because my apps were set up to download automatically over WiFi and was connected to my secure home network. Called Verizon Tech Support Saturday morning and spent significant time retrying everything I already attempted. They recommended I return the phone and get a new replacement since the battery had gotten hot and gave me the direct number for Advanced Tech Support. I got a new replacement and have the same problem. Tried everything imaginable including resetting my router and briefly disconnecting the battery backup so a new IP address will be acquired when the router is reset but to no avail. I can connect to my home network with an excellent signal and have no problem surfing the web through a browser. The problem only seems related to downloading/updating apps through the Google Play Store and logging on to the Verizon Cloud. I performed a factory reset multiple times with and without restoring my stored data and applications. I also suspected the possibility of corrupted application data on the SD card I had installed but again no change. I am on the verge of returning everything to the Verizon store because I am fed up. I've spent too much of my time and Plan DATA working on this problem. It is always a 2 hour venture switching/updating phones at the Verizon store. Verizon has a 14 day return policy so there needs to be a fix soon. At a minimum, Verizon should reimburse Samsung S7 owners with an additional 5 GB of data.