On Galaxy S7, in play store application updates do not work over Wifi. It works over mobile network(4G) but that would eat into the download limits. Any idea why playstore app updates fail only on Wifi? Wifi works fine for everything else.
Solved! Go to Correct Answer
Install DNSet from the play store using 4G/public wifi, and start it (don't check the auto-start button unless you really want it that way). This creates a VPN that uses Google DNS and bypasses whatever DNS setting is messing up the phone. Enjoy all your Google apps!
(Gotcha: DNSet doesn't have a disconnect button even though the UI says it does, so when you're done with it find it in App Manager and force close.)
That's a good question. Is the Play Store application fully updated?
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!
How do I update play store on galaxy S7 ? please advice.
By the way, on my older galaxy s4 play store updates work fine on same wifi.
OK, I thought I was nuts when I activated my S7 Edge yesterday and couldn't update anything on the Play store over Wifi. I'm holding off activating my second S7 till this is resolved.
Here are all the symptoms I've seen:
- As the OP mentioned, all play store updates work over 4G
- I have a TPLink AC3200 router and the Play store won't update on either 2.4GHz or 5GHz bands. All other android devices (including two Galaxy S5's) continue to work fine. LAN access is fine including streaming live HD TV.
- Oddly, if I connect to an open xfinitywifi network and login with my Comcast credentials, everything works fine. Ditto at the open network at my office.
- Tried setting the guest network on my router to Open, turning off SPI firewall and DDoS protection, didn't help
- The VZ Cloud app reports that it cannot detect an internet connection (works on the open Wifi networks)
- Google Maps isn't showing any roads on screen
- I first thought this had to do with attempting to transfer data from my old S5 so also did a factory reset. Didn't help.
- All other apps, browsers, etc access the internet fine.
So, if there is a configuration issue with the Play services, it needs to be fixed before the flood of activations start tomorrow!!
Yes I am having same issue. Tried on home wifi, free wifi, and can't update/install from play store. 4g works fine, but I only have 2gb data and i'm already at 75%. Thanks Verizon for eating most of that up while I tested to make sure I didnt mess anything up.
It’s important to me that you’re happy with your new Samsung Galaxy S7 device and that it’s working as expected.
Do you get an error message when trying to install or update applications over WiFi? Please let me know so that I can further assist.
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
have you checked to see what settings you have in the data usage section of the settings. When I view the app settings I have mines set to auto update on wifi only.
No, I get no error message, the progress bar, just keeps cycling through
like its preparing to download but never lists the file size or begins any
sort of download.
On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 1:52 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <
My experience was same though once in a while I finally get error code 495.
I tried a lot of things like clear cache, factory reset. Once after a router reboot, 3 apps updated thru wifi then stopped. and never worked again. There is something wrong with s7+marshmallow+wifi.
That is the most rediculous answer I've heard. So I cannot update my
apps/games through wifi? Which will force me to use my data, which will
put me over my data amount, which will cost me more money either monthly or
Is this something that is going to be fixed with a patch? Or is this just
a 'oops, guess you should have known that before you bought the S7 type of