Why don't Verizon Messages+ notifications take me to the right place?
CHEFANTHONY
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi, there!

I recently upgraded to Message+ version  6.4.42, and now, when I get a text message, and I pull down the notification bar and click on the notification, it only takes me to my list of conversations, and not directly to the text message itself.  This change also followed the most recent Android Software update. Is there a setting to fix this? Or is it just the new way it works? It's kind of annoying to force an extra click to get into the text message. Thanks in advance!  (Samsung S7 Android 7.0)

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Clicking Message+ notification does not work properly
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CHEFANTHONY, we totally understand wanting to have the best experience with any app. Reviewing the Message+ app, it seems that is how the app works when going to the message from the notification screen. 

There is an option to get to the message in one click when you have Message pop up on your screen. To enable this Setting you would tap the Menu icon in the Message+ app (3 lines on the upper left side), then tap Settings, scroll down and tap Enable Popup. When a new message pops up,. you can tap View Conversation to be taken to that thread.

StevenG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Clicking Message+ notification does not work properly
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CHEFANTHONY, we totally understand wanting to have the best experience with any app. Reviewing the Message+ app, it seems that is how the app works when going to the message from the notification screen. 

There is an option to get to the message in one click when you have Message pop up on your screen. To enable this Setting you would tap the Menu icon in the Message+ app (3 lines on the upper left side), then tap Settings, scroll down and tap Enable Popup. When a new message pops up,. you can tap View Conversation to be taken to that thread.

StevenG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes