Why don't I receive group texts from family members?
topenchilada

My siblings keep in touch using text messages and we send them out to everyone (all of us, that is). There are 5 of us total, but no one can send them to me now that I have a Samsung Galaxy S4. I've gone through the troubleshooting suggestions on the website with no luck. Some of my siblings are using iphones, but not all of them. And they can text each other with a group text, just not me. And my siblings can text me individually, just not when there is more than one recipient.

Please help!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Not receiving group texts from my family (some iphones, some not)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm so sorry for the confusion topenchilada! Let's try clearing the messaging app and see if that corrects your group messaging issue. On your phone, navigate to Settings>Application Manager>All>Messages, and choose Clear Cache & Clear Data. Clearing data will not erase your messages, it will clear any settings you have change in the messaging app. After you have done this, restart your phone, and then retest the group messaging feature. Please let us know if this corrects the issue, or if more troubleshooting is needed!

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

topenchilada We definitely understand the importance of keeping in touch with your family. Are you able to initiate a group message? Have you tried to clear the sms app by going to settings, manage app, all and sms to tap clear data?

sheritah_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
topenchilada

I went through the list of things on the website for trouble shooting, but that was not one of them.

I found Application Manager, but what does "all and sms to tap clear data" mean?

I did not see a way to select all the applications. I don't see "messaging" listed as an application.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm so sorry for the confusion topenchilada! Let's try clearing the messaging app and see if that corrects your group messaging issue. On your phone, navigate to Settings>Application Manager>All>Messages, and choose Clear Cache & Clear Data. Clearing data will not erase your messages, it will clear any settings you have change in the messaging app. After you have done this, restart your phone, and then retest the group messaging feature. Please let us know if this corrects the issue, or if more troubleshooting is needed!

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
topenchilada

Thanks for being persistent! I finally found "All" and was able to complete your instructions. We'll see if my siblings get my text!

Thanks

0 Likes