Why doesn't my wifi automatically connect?
dmma
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a dual band router that I use to acess the Internet when at home. Only one of the two signals will connect and stay connected. Neither will connect automatically.

I've tried various things including: turning the WFI botton on, checking airplane mode, checking 'manage network' (shows 'forget' & 'manage'), restarting and reseting the phone.

I'm not sure what I'm missing. I am fairly new to all this, so any advice, (even if I've already tried it), would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Why doesn't my wifi automatically connect?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dmma,

Staying connected to WiFi can be crucial. When it comes to connection, it's all about compatibility. Here's a link to assist with connecting: http://spr.ly/65838acjL What happens?

KatiM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

do you have an option & have you selected smart switch swapping to wi-fi when in range??

0 Likes
dmma
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've tried various solutions. The problem still exists. Occasionally it will automatically connect, but not always which causes me to use my data. Ugh!

bearone21
Legend

reboot the phone.

0 Likes
dmma
Enthusiast - Level 3

Rebooting didn't work. I also tried reseting my phone. Still not connecting unless I connect it manually.

bearone21
Legend

settings/wi-fi, advanced...are passpoint & smart network switch selected??

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dmma, we understand the importance of making sure you have a consistent connection to your home Wi-Fi. Allow us to further investigate the details. Can you please let us know if anybody else is having the same concern with the Wi-Fi not auto connecting to their device?  Have you tried to delete your Wi-Fi and reconnect? If not, please follow this link for steps to do so; remove Wi-Fi http://vz.to/2GhCN6R add Wi-Fi http://vz.to/2Bu75iV. Please keep us updated on the progress.

SylviaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!! 

0 Likes
dmma
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi,

I have tried deleting the Wi-Fi and reconnecting. I also tried resetting the phone, but no luck there either. No one else in the family seems to be having this problem, just me.

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

When was the last time that you cleared the cache partition?

When you restart the phone hold  Volume up-Power-Home

then use the volume button to go down til clear cache partition is

highlighted. Then use the power key then the volume down to say yes then

the power button again. Now just hit the power button where it says reboot the phone

after the cache has been cleared. It will not change any of your phone settings.

It just gets rid of a lot of old files that are on the phone

0 Likes