Why does the wifi turn itself off
GrammySyl
Enthusiast - Level 1

My phone sometimes turns off the WIFI. Has this happened to anyone else?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why does the wifi turn itself off
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Do you have to put it back on or does it just start searching for the wifi again. I have s7 edge and mine does not turn wifi off but just reconnects a lot.

0 Likes
GrammySyl
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have to go back in and turn it back on. The first time it happened, I didn't know it turned itself off and I went over my limit. Now, I have to check often to make sure the toggle is turned on.

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

do you have a setting on yours that says something like keep wi-fi on during sleep and have it on always?It should be under advance.

ralpht_vzw
Verizon Employee

GrammySyl, I can understand the need for your Wi-Fi to stay turned on.  We will provide you with support so that we can make sure your features are working as they should. With all smartphones the Wi-Fi button should stay on, even if the connection drops.

The 1st step in trouble shooting suggest that we we make sure your software is up to date.  Follow the link for instructions on how to check your software:  Samsung Galaxy S 6 Software Update | Verizon Wireless

Ralpht_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

LISCAR39

Yes, it's annoying!! I'm convinced its a plot by Verizon to make my data run out so they can change me more at the end of the cycle 😕

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LISCAR39, being able to count on your Wi-Fi is a must and we can help look into this with you. Please send us a Private Note. *Jose

0 Likes