Highlighted

Why does the phone dial pad disappear when my finger gets near the screen?

Phone problem - the touch dialpad works for the primary number called, but goes blank as soon as my finger gets near the screen when I try to enter an extension number. Air Gesture, Motion, and Palm Motion are all turned off. Why does this happen? How can I correct it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: Why does the phone dial pad disappear when my finger gets near the screen?

On my S3, it is under settings then call, then it is called "Turn off screen during call" next to it is a check box. You can try unchecking that box and it should fix the problem.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Is your proximity sensor turned on? Most phones automatically darken the screen when anything gets close to this sensor so that you don't accidentally touch a button while using the phone during a call.

0 Likes
Highlighted

That sounds like the problem, but there is no mention of the proximity sensor in the S4 manual and I have already turned off anything that seems to relate to it.

0 Likes
Highlighted

On my S3, it is under settings then call, then it is called "Turn off screen during call" next to it is a check box. You can try unchecking that box and it should fix the problem.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Bingo! - Found it, turned it off, suspect it will work. Too many settings on these things.

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted

I agree. Too many places to go to change settings, too. To change my message settings, I have to do it through the message screen, but for calls, I have to do it through settings. It is quite annoying. Glad I could help.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

Hi VettelessinCT,

Woo Hoo! Glad to hear that your issue has been resolved. Device support if you ever need it http://bit.ly/yN1P80 .

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes