Why does the phone dial pad disappear when my finger gets near the screen?
VettelessinCT
Enthusiast - Level 2

Phone problem - the touch dialpad works for the primary number called, but goes blank as soon as my finger gets near the screen when I try to enter an extension number. Air Gesture, Motion, and Palm Motion are all turned off. Why does this happen? How can I correct it?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why does the phone dial pad disappear when my finger gets near the screen?
csummers0321
Enthusiast - Level 2

On my S3, it is under settings then call, then it is called "Turn off screen during call" next to it is a check box. You can try unchecking that box and it should fix the problem.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
csummers0321
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is your proximity sensor turned on? Most phones automatically darken the screen when anything gets close to this sensor so that you don't accidentally touch a button while using the phone during a call.

0 Likes
VettelessinCT
Enthusiast - Level 2

That sounds like the problem, but there is no mention of the proximity sensor in the S4 manual and I have already turned off anything that seems to relate to it.

0 Likes
csummers0321
Enthusiast - Level 2

On my S3, it is under settings then call, then it is called "Turn off screen during call" next to it is a check box. You can try unchecking that box and it should fix the problem.

0 Likes
VettelessinCT
Enthusiast - Level 2

Bingo! - Found it, turned it off, suspect it will work. Too many settings on these things.

Thanks

0 Likes
csummers0321
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree. Too many places to go to change settings, too. To change my message settings, I have to do it through the message screen, but for calls, I have to do it through settings. It is quite annoying. Glad I could help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi VettelessinCT,

Woo Hoo! Glad to hear that your issue has been resolved. Device support if you ever need it http://bit.ly/yN1P80 .

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes