Why does phone say there's no SD card when one is clearly installed?
amazondrone
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've been trying to move apps from the phone to the SD card, but when I try to do this, I get a message saying that my phone doesn't have an SD card installed. I opened it up, and sure enough, there's a nice 8GB SD perfectly seated. I took it out and reinstalled it, powercycled the phone and I still get the same message. What gives?

0 Likes
Re: Why does phone say there's no SD card when one is clearly installed?
Klue
Master - Level 1

Some things to try

Try and format the card within the phone? Note you will loose all data on the card.

Use a different card in your phone?

Did you try to use your card in your computer to see if the computer would recognize the card?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Also don't bother to move the applications to the SD card. The KitKat OS version doesn't support it.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
BigRedGonzo
Contributor - Level 1

Ann154,

This is completely untrue.  Google has "revamped" the security method with which they allow access to the SD card.  If an app allows being moved to SD, you can still move it to SD.  If an app is capable of using SD for storage, it is still allowed to move data to SD.  The issue is, some apps have not been updated to work correctly with this model.  If something that you have does not work with SD and it used to work with it, contact the app's developer and ask that they update the app to allow use with the new Google SD card protocol.

BigRedGonzo

0 Likes