Why does my wifi switch off
PATMUN14

My Wi-Fi  switches off periodically . I see my usage  data is being used up . I then check my Wi-Fi  settings and it is off. I do not  change it. I do not touch it. I recently  bought a S8 +. I had the S5 and never had this issue.

0 Likes
Re: Why does my wifi switch off
radar320
Contributor - Level 2

I am seeing the same thing.  I have done factory resets and even reset my router and modem with no success.  The earlier wifi problem was fixed and now we are right back to having problems again and burning through data.  Samsung and Verizon needs to fix this now.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

if you're using smart switch & wi-fi drops, the network picks up.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

PATMUN14, it's so important to stay connected to Wi-Fi to help manage your data usage. We definitely want to make sure that this is working properly for you and that you're able to enjoy your new Galaxy S8+.  Let's get this fixed. Can you tell us when you first started to notice that this was happening? Have you come across any error messages when your Wi-Fi has been turned off? Is this only happening with one specific Wi-Fi network or are there multiple networks that you're being disconnected from?

SamanthaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that we get this resolved for you. I don't show this issues under known issues for this device. Let's keep going. You mentioned performing a master reset? Did this include wiping the device to factory settings? Did you sign into Gmail during the setup? Please advise.

BobbyN_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
radar320
Contributor - Level 2

Yes I have done the full factory reset, yes I signed into gmail account at setup.  Nothing has worked.

0 Likes
PATMUN14

I do not want  use my network. I only have 8gb and I share with my son . so this  will not help me.

0 Likes
PATMUN14

I have had my phone for 4 weeks and noticed it the first week. I thought it was a fluke so I ignored it. It kept happening. I had not realized it until  my usage was going up so fast. I have not  gone to factory reset or logged into my Gmail. I did not  know you had to do this. I was never informed that this was necessary to have your phone work. I went back to  Best Buy where I purchased my phone , they did not know anything about my phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We will work to ensure you can use the network that you desire at the right time! When going to Settings>WiFi>Menu>Advanced, is Smart Network Switch enabled?

Verizon_Customer_Service

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
PATMUN14

No  The smart switch is not enabled . Must I have this on??

0 Likes