Why does my galaxy 8 keeps changing time one hour behind?
Lizdee
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone keeps changing the time to one hour behind. I restart it and it fixes for bit, and then the next thing I know it is one hour behind.

It feels like it is tying to end daylight savings early

Re: Why does my galaxy 8 keeps changing time one hour behind?
stef7
Master - Level 2

You probably have selected in Settings | Date and Time | Use Network Time.

Do you live near a time zone boundary?

Otherwise, you're dealing with a tower somewhere that has the wrong time, and your phone is changing it's time to match that one.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lizdee, having the right time on your phone is a must. When did this problem start? Anyone else having this issue? What is your zip code?
AlbertoR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
HAVOCK9TLDWOLF

same here started yesterday 89511

0 Likes
Lizdee
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had to do a hard stop, I turned off and waited a few minutes than re started.

A restart did not fix it, it had to be a total turn off, wait and then turn on and it has stopped changing the time back an hour.

I think the phone that the change of time was the 3rd weekend of October like it used to be.

thanks

0 Likes
Lizdee
Enthusiast - Level 2

zip code is 99208

a hard stop and turn on finally fixed it.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

HAVOCK9TLDWOLF,

There's nothing like looking down at your phone only to see it's displaying the wrong time. Let's figure out how to correct this issue. On your phone, go to Settings > Date and time. If Automatic date and time is turned off, please enable it to ensure your device is using network time. If this setting is already on, please turn your phone off then back on. Let us know if the time reverts to being incorrect.

ShawnteJ_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
maryrmassey1954

Mine changed yesterday. I rebooted and it went back to the correct time, but it changed again today. Again, it went back to the correct time when rebooted, but this is ridiculous!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're terribly sorry for the whole ordeal maryrmassey1954. However, there's no need to despair. Please give the following steps a try for us:

1. From a Home screen, touch and swipe up or down to display all apps.
    Note These instructions apply to Standard mode and the default Home screen layout.
  2. Navigate: Settings Settings icon > General management General management icon > Date and time.
  3. To use network provided values, tap the Automatic date and time switch to turn on Switch on or off Switch off.
  4. To manually set date, time & time zone:
    Note The Automatic date and time switch must be disabled Switch off.
    1. Tap Set date to make selection then tap Done.
    2. Tap Set time to make selection then tap Done.
    3. Tap Select time zone then make a selection.

Please let us know if this information helped resolve your issue. 

IvoneA_VZW

0 Likes
Thatguy336

yea I was late to work due to this issue, it adjusted its self sometime around 10 am this morning (4-9-2020), I had an alarm set for 6:30 this morning it went off and while I was getting ready, about 7:15 (according to my phone) my coworker asked where I was, thats when I realized it was messed up. If anyone knows of a permanent fix for this I'd appreciate it cause I'd hate to lose my job over this 1000$ phone not working, thanks.

0 Likes