Why does my device use data when wi-fi is available?
Button01

when sitting at home signed o to my  wi-fi network,  the phone still continues to use data. thought it was to supposed to switch autoatically

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: uses data when wifi available, didnt use to do this
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Button01 It's a must that your data is managed properly. When connected to wifi, the mobile data network will be used if there is a stronger connection than the wifi. It does not automatically switch in this case. To ensure only wifi is used, go to Settings, more networks and turn off mobile data.

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: uses data when wifi available, didnt use to do this
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Button01 It's a must that your data is managed properly. When connected to wifi, the mobile data network will be used if there is a stronger connection than the wifi. It does not automatically switch in this case. To ensure only wifi is used, go to Settings, more networks and turn off mobile data.

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes