Why does my device keep restarting?
GalaxyS4junk

Now this phone restarts it's self when ever it wants. Having problems turning it on and off .and it still won't except SD card fourth phone in 25 days. PEACE OF [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Galaxy S4 junk
budone
Legend

If it is 4 phones it is something you are adding to the device via an app or something on your SIM card

View solution in original post

0 Likes
budone
Legend

If it is 4 phones it is something you are adding to the device via an app or something on your SIM card

0 Likes
GalaxyS4junk

Have not added nothing that didn't come preloaded on these phones SIM card is from the first phone. I've tried three different SD cards will not except any SD cards.Tech support says SIM card is fine

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes
beyedup
Contributor - Level 1

Just trying to troubleshoot with ya. Did you try removing SIM and SD card and starting phone to see if it didn't give you any problems turning on or off? It may be an issue with one of them. Is battery life good? Was it charged up?

Trying to help!

0 Likes
GalaxyS4junk

We tried three different battery's and without SIM installed. I was calling tech support yesterday and while on hold the phone shut off. Here's what tech support told me after 30days I can use my early edge to get out of this phone. But I have to pay half of this phone off . To do that. So I have to pay Verizon for there peace of [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] and it's not even 30 days old. IF YOU ARENT SATISFIED WE ARENT SATISFIED????????? [removed]. Thank you for trying to help. It's not the people it's verizon policy's we got your money now [removed]

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes
beyedup
Contributor - Level 1

Yeah, I hear ya on the [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] lines you get from some customer service people.

how wa phone when on? Was it operating ok?

There is a program called Samsung Kies to reinstall or recover firmware on phone if you think you might want to try that. Not sure if you heard of it?

0 Likes
GalaxyS4junk

Best buy has Samsung tech support in store he did another hard reset and he couldn't tell me what was going on. He wanted me to send the phone in to samsung that's three weeks without my phone that I use for business no phone no business no pay. I think I might use that sprint promo to get out of verizon 350 bucks for a phone and 300 bucks to switch to sprint that takes care of early cancelation fees. And I get out this galaxy S4 [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes
beyedup
Contributor - Level 1

Yeah a hard reset(http://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/hard-reset-factory-reset-master-reset) only does wipe to factory what was on the phone.

If you use Samsung Kies, it has a n otion for emergency firmare recovery. I haven't had to try this yet so I do not know how it is. I know to use Kies it seems pretty plain and simple. Hook phone to PC>let drivers install>then choose what option in Kies you want. http://www.sammobile.com/kies/

0 Likes
GalaxyS4junk

I will try that thank you

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

0 Likes
beyedup
Contributor - Level 1

Glad to help! Hope it works out for you.

0 Likes