Why does my call waiting not alert incoming caller that I am on a call?
nomad264

My Galaxy S5 and S3 would alert an incoming caller that I am on the phone already with two short beeps while ringing in fact my wifes Droid Maxx does it and I think most of my verizon phones before these did as well but i can't seem to figure it out with the S7. I went to my local verizon store and the individual there was clueless to what I was talking about.....It is extremely annoying as a technical representative trying to advise a client while somelse tries to call me!!

0 Likes
Re: Why does my call waiting not alert incoming caller that I am on a call?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

nomad264,

We want to put your mind at ease. This is not a device issue. The way many of our new smartphones are configured on the network there is no call waiting indicator for the caller. We do have great options for you. We do have the ability to turn off Call Waiting. This will allow the phone call go right to your voicemail. You can remove this online at verizonwireless.com.

RobinD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes