Why does maintenance boot mode show up constantly draining my battery?
thebloodyscott

So apparently I can't have my stupid smartphone (galaxy s6) in my pocket for any length of time without it going into maintenance boot mode.  This caused my phone to become hot and the battery to go from 49% to 0% in less than 2 hours.  Why does this happen and how do I stop it?  It's a new phone, is it faulty?

0 Likes
Re: Why does maintenance boot mode show up constantly draining my battery?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is a very strange behavior JW. This issue is not listed as a known issue in my resources. You indicate that this issue occurs constantly, when did this issue start? Do you remember if issue started after installing/updating a particular application/software? Is there any physical/water damage to your phone? What is the software Build number on your phone? Please see this link to get software Build number: http://spr.ly/6583BTaYB

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
thebloodyscott

The issue started a few days ago although it doesn't happen all the

time. Is the phone faulty? It's brand new and under warranty. No new

application or software, no damage to the phone. I got an error page

on that link and have no idea. Was thinking it could possibly be from

the case on it but then sometimes it happens other times it doesn't

and that probably shouldn't happen at all

On 12/10/15, Verizon Wireless Customer Support

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lets keep digging to get to the bottom of this. Before this started were there any new apps installed on your phone? Lets try restarting the phone in safe mode to see if the behavior comes back http://spr.ly/6587Bp8M7
BryanSS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
thebloodyscott

No new apps when it happened, can we just establish if the phone is

faulty so I can return it per the warranty if it is?

On 12/13/15, Verizon Wireless Customer Support

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thebloodyscott,

Let’ss get this figured out once and for all.  YourS66 is a great phone and you should have these issues with a brand new device. I want to help fun a mobile diagnostic on your phone to determine the root cause.  I will send you a private message to better assist.

YareliMM_VZW

0 Likes
Escapist

I have a similar problem. Yesterday DEC15 2015 my 5 month old Galaxy S6 Edge went into a boot loop. I did a complete shutdown of my phone and restarted it. That resolved the loop, but now my phone is no longer recognized as a USB device on my Win10 machine. It had been working as a connected USB device fine until I had the boot loop issue. The pohone doies charge, but Windo10 does not recognize is anymore. I downloaded Kies 3.2 and checked Win10 for driver updates in a effort to get the device recognized. No such luck. Any idea?

0 Likes
auntkris15

I have the reason this is happening. I am currently opening a ticket with Samsung to see if there'should a way to stop this. To get into Maintenance Boot mode you press the Power button and the Volume down button for 7 seconds. This works even if the phone is locked. Nor.ally this is used to reboot a phone if it's frozen since we don'the have removable batteries but when the phone isn't frozen it brings up this Maintenance Boot Mode.

So when our phones are in our pockets we manage to press those two buttons and hold them for 7 whole seconds in order to get into that screen. And I manage to get it onto the factory reset option too. I have now factory reset my phone twice in 2 weeks.

I am going to see if Samsung can do anything but I doubt they can. The only thing I can think to do is for me to go back to my old case that made the buttons hard to press.

IMO if the phone is locked it shouldn'the allow the combination to work.

~Kristina

0 Likes
ATVUtah

My wife's phone was doing this. I discovered it was a new case she had recently purchased which was made poorly so the case was keeping the buttons depressed just enough that when put in a pocket or purse the added pressure, even though very slight, was enough to push them the rest of the way to make contact and then boot into maintenance mode.  I was able to make it happen at will by just ever so slightly touching the power button or squeezing the case lightly near the buttons. I'm not sure if this applies to everyone with this issue, but I resolved it by cutting out the part of the case covering the buttons.

0 Likes